Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Josh's Mission June 8 2015

Hello Family!

it has been a wonderful week!! Mom, your story about Keith Graham is so amazing!! that's great that his children are having such a strong desire to do what is right and follow Christ. that reminds me of the Marston family, they are a part member/returning member family. I think that I've told you a little about them. but Bro Marston has been less active for about 10 years, a couple of months ago the we found him and his family and they've been coming to church ever since. He has a wife (Missy) and 3 kids (Kristen, Wyatt, and Gary) they are the best! this week Bro Marston had an interview with the bishop to get the Melchizedek Priesthood, but he won't be able to get it before their baptism on the 20th. It is just such a big blessing to be a part of their life, every day Elder Wardle and I marvel that we are here, so close to Nauvoo, able to do the Lord's work and to help the people here. Especially families like the Marston's, that's what the gospel is all about. And it all started with an invitation. :) 

We haven't heard everything yet about the new changes,(he is referring to the Sunday training we had in our ward) but we have heard about it. President Jensen had talked with us about it, and I think that training is coming soon for the stake. I love as well that when we are doing what is right there really is only small corrections that we need to make. It's like the talk that President Uchtdorf gave about living the gospel by degrees. It's interesting that when we don't make the small course corrections that the Lord needs us to every day by having greater faith, repenting and forgiving, and remembering and renewing our covenants; that we will eventually fall off course. I'm grateful that the General Authorities have received from Heavenly Father things that will help us to become more like our Savior.  

So this week we were able to go to the temple again! It was so wonderful!! I went through for a man from Germany that was born in about 1850. it was really great!! :) i wish that i could have just stayed in the celestial room for hours, I love the feeling there! I'm so glad that we are so close to it. I was just thinking that is so interesting how those feelings are so often forgotten and easy to lose. But I am so grateful that the Lord has seen fit to allow me to come this place at this time. I know that everything happens for a reason! 

And this next week we have a zone conference in Nauvoo, which will be really awesome! Elder Wardle and I are going to sing in it, so that's gonna be really great :) 

I love you all and I hope and pray that all is well! thank you so much for everything! I can't not express how much I appreciate your love and support and prayers!!

ij iokwe eok!!
Je teaime beaucoup
Elder Broadbent


No comments:

Post a Comment