Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Beth's Mission Oct 2 2017 Round Rock Week 2

This week has been such a great week! So many things happened but It went by so fast!! Oh and I hit my month mark since leaving home! I can't believe it's already October! So crazy!! Time literally flies!!

It rained quite a bit this week actually! No infamous Texas rain pours yet, but it was a pretty constant rain/sprinkle for a few days! The temperatures stayed pretty cool too! It was so nice! Nice to bike in and also nice to get rides from members in- especially to the farthest places in our area- the members are so kind!


Some of the best things that we got to spend our time doing this week was service!! We do a lot of service which is so awesome!! I love it! We get to meet and talk to so many incredible people! Last Tuesday we got to help out a less active with her Etsy business- so fun! That same day we got to go to an old folks home and paint the ladies nails!! They are so sweet! They all got in line and patiently waited their turn and then were so excited when they came up to us with their color of choice! So cute!! We even got to share a little bit of a gospel message with them and clarify some things about the church! It was great! Every Friday we volunteer at the Round Rock Serving Center organizing items and putting things on the shelves for people to buy- it's so great! I truly believe the scripture in Mosiah 2:17- "When ye are in the Service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."

Also on Tuesday we go out with a recent convert in the YSA ward- her name is Jasmine and she is so awesome! She loves the gospel and talked about how it has completely changed her life for the better! We went by quite a few people's houses that night and then we all went to our weekly Book of Mormon/Bible study that we do- we invite recent converts and investigators and anyone else who wants to come- it is so great!!

On Friday we got to teach Bill- our recent convert. He is so amazing! We got to video chat with Sister Jensen who was Sister Watt's trainer and now is home from her mission! Facebook is such a blessing! We were able to video chat with her and surprise Bill! He was so excited and almost cried when we saw her! The lesson went so great too! We talked about the importance of everyday memeber missionary work and all of the service opportunites that are everywhere- It was awesome!

And last but certainly not least for this week- General Conference!!!! It was so amazing!!! Every talk was so powerful and pertinent to life and I just felt so uplifted! On Saturday we watched it with Bill and the Stansels (Sister Stansel is a ward missionary) and then on Saturday we watched the first session with the Switzers and the second session with the Raica's (Brother Raica is the Ward Mission Leader)
I love General Conference so much! I felt so much strength from the words that were spoken and the spirit that I felt! Over and Over again I just felt so strongly that Thomas S. Monson truly is called of God as his prophet, seer, and revelator on the earth today!! Even though he wasn't able to be at conference this time- He is still a prophet and it is still so important to follow him along with the 12 apostles and the other men and women who are all called of God! We are so blessed!!
I've been trying to think of a talk that stood out to me the most as a "favorite" but they all were so so good!! President Uchtdorf's, Elder Rasbands, President Eyring, and Elder Ellis's are particualrly standing out in my mind at the moment.
There were a lot of talks that stood out to me speaking of Heavenly Father's plan and how we have to allow the Lord to make more of us than we ever could. If we are living righteously, focusing on others, seeking to do as the Savior did, exercising faith, repenting, remembering Him always, He will use us for his purposes- we will be, as Mother Theresa said, pencils in His hands. "Do we have enough faith to trust Him?" I know that He truly does lead and guide each of us- He truly will be on your right hand and on your left, to bear you up!
I also really loved Elder Anderson's talk at the very end! I have never heard a talk quite like that! It was amazing to hear the words of those he quoted including those of our beloved prophet and to hear the words of dear Elder Hales' talk that he wrote! He was such a great man and I know he is doing great things now on the other side of the veil! 
This gospel is so amazing!! I can't to go back and reread and study each of the talks again and again!! It is such a blessing to have those recorded to be able to study and feel the spirit and strength and continue to learn and grow from them!!
 I invite each of you to follow our prophet's counsel to read from the Book of Mormon daily- I know it will bless your life!! I have made reading from the Book of Mormon a part of my daily personal study and it is amazing how the spirit testifies to me and brings new things every time I read it to learn and grow from!! The Book of Mormon is true!!
 I am so grateful for the peace and power the gospel of Jesus Christ has brought into my life! It is such a privilage to represent Him! 

I am terribly sorry for the long letter!! There was just so much to say!! Hopefully it all makes sense!!
I am so grateful for each of you and the support, prayers, and love you give!! Thank you for everything!! I hope y'all have a wonderful week!!
I love you!!


Love,

Sister Broadbent
New missionaries TSAM with Pres & Sister Polley in front of San Antonio Temple 

Sister B with Pres Sis Polley

At the end of a long day - Sister B, Sister Reuda and Sister Ferrell

Pretty Trees in Round Rock

Round Rock Cemetary

Long Train

Sister B & Sister Watt

No comments:

Post a Comment