Friday, March 2, 2012

News about Mary

We received a great surprise today! A letter from Mary came in the mail and Sis Gabrielson gave us a copy of an email her nephew’s wife sent her (they are serving at the MTC) - wanted to share both of them with you! It is good to see Mary’s enthusiasm and someone else’s perspective on Mary while she is there at the MTC.
From Sis Mickelsen-
Feb 27, 2012
I just wanted to give you and update on Sister Broadbent.  She is everything you described and we are truly enjoying having her in our branch!  She is currently serving as ouar coordinating sister (leader of the sisters in the branch- helps with orientation of new missionaries etc.) and she also plays the piano for Sacrament Meetings.  
From Sis Broadbent
Feb 28, 2012

Barev dzez eem untaneek - Hello my family!
I know I sent an email, but there is so much more I want to tell you - that I just didn’t get to write!
So Pres Brown talked about how we can  be successful missionaries or 100-watt missionaries by working hard and by practicing - he gave us this “pyramid of success” to show how to build to the 100-watt.
(I can’t make the pyramid like she drew it, so just pretend)
Christ’s divine attributes
Spirituality
Hard Work
Preparation
Obedience
Desire to serve - D&C 4

He talked to some missionaries about desire, practice and hard work and how so many of our hero’s are the hardest wokers we know-we all have to have that hard work ethic to really be successful.
   Then at the end - this was my favorite part-we made and “MTC” choir - all 2000+ of us - we sang Called To Serve, but in a special way - it was SO powerful - and awesome! (hra shal ee - wonderful!)
   Then - I just have to tell you about 1 of our “investigators” (It’s really just Bro. Carlson pretending to be him, but still) His name is Gah Gol? he is 16 - works to support himself because his dad was killed in an accident, his mom is crazy-she has mental issues, he lives with his Grandma,but she is too old to care for him.  He has very little education-but he is such a sweetheart!  He is having a hard time understanding that God loves hi, when there is so much bad going on in his life-and we are having a hard time explaining and showing him the blessings Heavenly Father has given him-because of our lack of vocabulary.  But we love him so much! And want him to feel our Heavenly Fathers love so badly-if only so he will have faith enough to pray-so he can have the strength he needs!  It’ll come though-our language is getting better-inspite of all the extra grammer stuff that we don’t have.
It is the neatest thing to feel the constant power and spirit that is here!  I love it!
(she then writes some amazing looking Armenian and phonics for it but I will just share her testimony that she wrote at the end)
I testify that this is Jesus Christ’s Gospel and I know it is true!  I know that the Book of Mormon is true.  I love you very much and I am grateful for you!  You are wonderful!
With love,
Sister Broadbent

No comments:

Post a Comment