Monday, December 10, 2012

Mary's Mission Dec 10, 2012

Hello Family!

I think winter is finally starting to hit here.  According to the missionaries who were here last year, it was already cold in October, but it's just been the last couple of days where I have felt that it is getting cold. I was able to go to Gyumri this last week, and do exchanges with Sister Robles (Kami knows her from Ukraine).  It was so good to be with her and to get to know her.  She's from Washington and is just adorible!  I love being able to be with other missionaries; learning from them and getting to know them.  I love that just after a day of being together that I can feel like we are friends.  One of the sisters that is coming home this month expressed how she felt throughout her mission she has made eternal friends, and I couldn't agree more; there are just so many people, missionaries, members, investigators, and others that I just know we will be friends forever.  I love how the gospel connects people across the globe.  We are just so blessed!  The afternoon that I got to Gyumri, we got quite a bit of snow-and the following morning we had about 6 inches.  Snow is just so gorgeous! And I was so happy that I was able to be there to see it!

I just want to share a small quote that I heard this week, while watching a general conference talk.  It reminded me of our purpose, as missionaries and as members in general "What is most important in our church responsibilities is not the statistics that are reported or the meetings that are held but whether or not individual people-ministered to one at a time just as the Savior did-have been lifted and encouraged, and ultimately changed" Elder Ballard.  I have also thought a lot about what one of our elders said in his testimony, about going home and continuing to serve.  As I've thought about it, I realized that that is why, if nothing else, we need to serve here.  Because this is our calling.  Yes, one day our calling will be something different, but no matter what our calling title is, our calling it to do just as Elder Ballard said-to minister to people one at a time so that they are lifted, encouraged, and changed.  In essence, no matter where we are, we are called to build the Kingdom.

I love you all family! I know there's not much to my emails-sorry, I guess I'm just too scattered to make sense of the week and decide what I should write, but just know that Iove you all! A lot!  

Thank you for your constant support! You are all wonderful!

I love you!

Metz Sirov

No comments:

Post a Comment