Monday, December 17, 2012

Wow Family!!!

Can you believe that Christmas is right around the corner?  I can't!  It's hard to believe that it is December, let alone that Christmas is so soon! Wow! 

I'm sure that missionary's mom was so grateful for all the help you gave! And what a fantastic way to spread some holiday spirit! I am SO excited for you! To go to Idaho for those names and to be able to spend some time with Kris, Marinda, and Camryn.  I'm sure it'll be just great!

We got our first real snow this week! A good five or six inches overnight.  I woke up and was just so happy! Everything looks so pretty-covered in white! And feels so Christmasy.  It's been fun, too, as we've walked around, to see all of the decorations coming up.  For the most part, everyone here is preparing for New Years (they don't celebrate Christmas until Jan 6).  And these people are just so giving! No matter the circumstances they are in, they always ask if we have a place to go for New Years and then they always invite us to spend it with them.  So great!  It reminds me of the teachings of the Savior in Matt 25-if you do it unto the least of these my brethren, you have done it unto me.  As I've thought about this chapter, I've felt more and more how this is the call the Savior always gives-first and foremost, for us to come to Him, and then to build up His kingdom, to serve where we are, no matter how much we have, or how little we have.  He calls to us to serve.  I feel these people are such a great example of serving-that they are just so willing to give all they have to you.  I am learning so much from them! 

Sister Beal is being transferred this week down to my dear Artashat! She'll get to serve with Sister Henriquez (she's from Chili), who is so sweet and adorable!  I'll be getting a new companion, I'm not sure who it will be, but I do know she's coming from the MTC! BAH! I am just praying that I can be the trainer the Lord wants me to be and help this sister have a great beginning-one that will help her be solid for her mission.  I'm so nervous but I know that while I may not be adequate, the Lord is and I know He'll help every step of the way.  Sister Beal has been so good to remind me of this!

I don't remember if this last week I talked about our sweet investigator Lena, who just loves the Book of Mormon-we found out Monday night that she actually died on Sunday.  We were so surprised and saddened, but we know it is all part of the Lord's plan and as a result, we've been able to meet with her son-who is willing to learn more!  We're excited to help him come to gain a testimony, so that in turn he can have her work done too.  We also had a miracle-we had set up a time to meet with Lena's son-Gagik-we had called right before going over to make sure he was home, he was and invited us to come.  When we got to his home about twenty minutes later, he wasn't home.  We thought perhaps he had gone to the store, so we decided to wait.  After five minutes or so, a woman came up the stairs; she had also come to visit Gagik.  As we stood outside waiting, we talked and got to know her.  Over 15 minutes later, Gagik still wasn't home, so we all made the decision to leave.  Just before the woman went home, she explained to us that Gagik had invited her over to listen to us because he thought she would be interested in listening to us.  What a miracle!  This man, who we had never even met with, is already taking steps to share the gospel!  Since then, we've been able to meet with both him and her, on separate occasions.  I feel so blessed!

We've also been given a challenge by President Carter to find the low hanging heads this season and pass along a Christmas orange, one for each of the twelve days of Christmas.  I would invite you all to do the same-to find those that need a little extra lift and boost their day.  It doesn't need to be an orange, perhaps it will only be a smile, but I hope that we'll all remember a little more, the birth of our Savior, and strive a little harder to emulate Him.  I know He lives and loves us! What greater thing to do, than to share His love?

I love you all! I hope this week is wonderful! That you'll all be safe in the snow and that you'll have a great time together!

Love you!

Metz sirov

Quyr Broadbent

No comments:

Post a Comment