Monday, May 20, 2013

Mary's Mission 20 May 2013


Barev family jan! 
  I can't believe that school is almost out! Life sure is good, isn't it?! Our Heavenly Father has blessed us so much!  We're on exchanges again, this time Sister Wynn came to me and Sister Ledingham went to Artashat.  I love them both-I love seeing the different gifts the Lord has given each of us and how He uses each of us and our talents to help the work go forward.  
We have had so much rain the last few weeks.  So much.  I love it.  We'll have a half a day of sunshine and gorgeous weather and then in an instant it changes and is pours.  The rain always reminds me of that primary song that says "I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain and ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again.  I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain, I want to be the best I can and live with God again."  I love that song.  
I feel like we had a pretty good week.  Robert (Hasmik's husband) passed his baptismal interview yesterday and will be baptized tomorrow.  He is so much more at peace and has so much joy in his eyes constantly.  He was a good man before, but the change the gospel has brought has made him so much better.  I know it will continue to change him.    One of our new investigators, Manushak, is a miracle and evidence of the subtle promptings and small workings of the Lord.  We talked with her over a month ago on the street but we haven't been able to contact her.  The last couple of weeks I've thought about her a few times, and even more this week.  I just kept remembering the conversation we had with her.  We called and were able to talk and able to get into her home.  As we talked, she expressed two things that amazed me.  First, she told us how she began smoking years ago, feels it isn't pleasing to the Lord, asked what we thought, and then asked if we could help her quit.  Wow.  Of course we can.  Then, she talked about some friends and relatives she has that are part of other faiths that have asked her to join them and she just hasn't been able to.  She told us that anytime anyone would try and talk to her on the street, especially about religion, that she would immediately tell them she wasn't interested and then continue on her way.  But with us, she said she felt a little prompting that made her want to talk with us and accept us into her home.  She expressed not knowing why before she had never been able to accept other religions, and then she said it must be because Heavenly Father wanted her to find us and accept our teachings.  Wow.  The Lord truly does prepare His children to hear His message!  Then this morning as I was studying, I came across a couple of things, one, a quote from President Monson that says "The more we act upon the inspiration and impressions which come to us, the more the Lord will entrust us with His errands."  I couldn't help but think about what would have happened if we hadn't listened to that small prompting to call Manushak.  The Lord truly works through small means to bring about His purposes.  The second quote I came across was from President Eyring that says "God will put prepared people in the way of His prepared servants who want to share the gospel....How often it happens depends on the preparation of your mind and your heart."  As I thought about those two quotes, I thought about the need to improve-the change and become, so that I can be prepared in my heart and mind and so that I can always follow the promptings of the Spirit.  What can each of you do to be the Lord's prepared servants?  As a missionary, I can honestly say that we need the help of the members so much-the example you set and inviting friends and family to learn does so much more for the work than we could ever do.  Will you pray for opportunities to share the gospel daily?  Sister Wynn and I were also talking about the Atonement and I have to express how grateful I am for our Savior; who suffered beyond all comprehension so that we can be cleansed from our sins and so that we can improve.  So that we can change from good to better and better to best.  And not just in spiritual ways, but in every aspect of our lives.  I know He is God's Son, our Savior and Redeemer, my Savior and Redeemer; He is our friend and comfortor.  He gives us strength to do and be so much more than we could ever be on our own.
I also want to express my thanks for teaching us to be worthy to enter the temple always.  And for setting the example by going to the temple.  We've been talking a lot about the importance of the temple lately and how really, baptism is necessary so that we can reach our goal of going to the temple.  Baptism is not enough.  Thank you, Mom and Dad, for taking us to do sealings so I could have that picture in my mind, so I could remember the real goal.  You are the greatest! 
I love you family!  You are the best! Have a great week! 
Metz sirov,
Quyr Broadb

No comments:

Post a Comment