Monday, August 11, 2014

Josh's Mission Aug 11, 2014

Iokwe Baamle!!!

It was a really great week! I am feeling much better, thank you for all the prayers!

that is really cool that you got to talk to elder stoddards dad :) facebook is a wonderful thing. Which while I'm on that topic, we recently got some information and more to come in September, about us getting online proselyting, using facebook, and getting ipads. We still aren't totally sure when everything will be happening, more info in September, but we do know how much the ipads will cost, because I will have to buy it. each will be $400, If I remember, and the church will be able to help with paying for it if needed. But I get to keep it after my mission, so that's really good.

Yeah, I noticed the moon a couple of days ago, and elder Stoddard said "wow, never seen it like that before" It really is amazing all of the wonderful blessings that the Lord has given us. We were with the elders in our district on Sat. down in Centerville, IA, and elder Sjoblom (he's a new missionary, from south...somewhere, I can't remember, it's really close to Ogden though and if you remember the Hansen's that used to help out with the bagpipe corp-Zack Hansen and his mom-they are from where e sjoblom is from) but anyways, elder sjoblom and I were talking about the blessing that we receive, and We were talking about how sometimes, on those bad days, all you can say is, "we didn't get in a car crash today, thank you Heavenly Father" we talked about how it's important that we are grateful, and strive to have that "attitude of gratitude"

So this week has been really great! We have been trying really hard to just get everything organized, to make things easier to work with. And to do that, we are still trying to help our members here come up with family mission plans - forget if I've already talked about this before, but it's on my mind :) - so we are just trying to help the members do missionary work and help everyone realize that doing missionary work is really simple and easy, just like it says in Alma 37:40-47 (I know that I've said this before but I really like it :) )
"40 And it did work for them according to their faith‍ in God; therefore, if they had faith to believe that God could cause that those spindles should point the way they should go, behold, it was done; therefore they had this miracle, and also many other miracles wrought by the power of God, day by day.
 41 Nevertheless, because those miracles were worked by small‍ means it did show unto them marvelous works. They were slothful, and forgot to exercise their faith and diligence and then those marvelous works ceased, and they did not progress in their journey;

 42 Therefore, they tarried in the wilderness, or did not‍ travel a direct course, and were afflicted with hunger and thirst, because of their transgressions.

 43 And now, my son, I would that ye should understand that these things are not without a shadow; for as our fathers were slothful to give heed to this compass (now these things were temporal) they did not prosper; even so it is with things which are spiritual.

 44 For behold, it is as easy to give heed to the word‍ of Christ, which will point to you a straight course to eternal bliss, as it was for our fathers to give heed to this compass, which would point unto them a straight course to the promised land.

 45 And now I say, is there not a type‍ in this thing? For just as surely as this director did bring our fathers, by following its course, to the promised land, shall the words of Christ, if we follow their course, carry us beyond this vale of sorrow into a far better land of promise.

 46 O my son, do not let us be slothful‍ because of the easiness‍ of the way; for so was it with our fathers; for so was it prepared for them, that if they would look‍ they might live; even so it is with us. The way is prepared, and if we will look we may live forever.

 47 And now, my son, see that ye take care‍ of these sacred things, yea, see that ye look‍ to God and live. Go unto this people and declare the word, and be sober. My son, farewell."


this work isn't meant to be hard on us, Christ said "take my yoke upon you, for behold, my burden is easy and my yoke is light". He also said in Matt 16:25-29

"25 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross and follow me.
 26 And now for a man to take up his cross, is to deny himself all ungodliness, and every worldly lust, and keep my commandments.

 27 Break not my commandments for to save your lives;‍ for whosoever will save his life in this world,‍ shall lose it in the world to come.

 28 And whosoever will lose his life in this world,‍ for my sake, shall find it in the world to come.

 29 Therefore, forsake the world, and save your souls;‍ for what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?"

I know that if we lose ourselves in his work, no matter where he are, that we will be happy and we will be amazed at the miracle and blessings that the Lord has prepared for us.

Alright, so on to our investigators: taika Is doing very well, she was able to come to church again this week and is loving it. it was really funny, she said "I have to bring my big bag just to carry all of the stuff I need for church". Awhile ago, she was having a lot of questions about if God was really there for her, and she told us this week that she really feels like He loves her and is actually there :D it was awesome!! she also told us that her parents want to meet this week, so that will happen. Unfortunately though, her parents don't want her to be baptized...yet :), so hopefully we can help them to understand and feel that this is right. But if they don't let her now, she said that she will be baptized when she turns 18, no matter what, that's in April though.

Isaac is doing very well also. He loves coming to church and actively participates in classes and stuff. Unfortunantly though, he is thinking of moving to Las Vegas to be with his family, which is good though. We just don't want to let him go.

things are going  very well, I'm just still trying to figure out how and what to do to train a missionary...I sure am glad that the Atonement is real, because I know that I couldn't do this with out Christ's help.

Thank you so much for all your love, support and prayers! I love you!!
Kajoor ilo Christ

ij iokwe eok!!
Elder Broadbent

No comments:

Post a Comment