Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Josh's Mission Nov 10 2014

Salut!! 

It sounds like it's be a great week!! 

It's so true that the mission helps you so much, I know that I have changed and grown a lot so far, and I hope that i continue to grow. that's really good that all the ladies you hired are doing well. :) 

that really sounds like a wonderful standards night. I'm glad that everything went so well with it. I definitely understand what you mean, sometimes I just want people to do everything we tell them, especially because we know that this will help them. but I've realized that it's how you tell that really matters. I'm trying to work on being more charitable and virtuous so that my thought, attitude, and actions will be more christ like. yesterday I got a very gentle but firm reminder that I need to do better. In church, we had fast and testimony meeting because we had stake conference last week, someone bore their testimony and said something that really struck me. Our bodies have an amazing ability to tell us when something is bad. If you burn yourself, you know because it hurts. our body is telling us that we shoudl stop doing that bad thing. It's very similar to our spiritual bodies. that if we harm ourselves spiritually then we will hurt. so we have to get rid of or stop what ever we are doing that doesn't make us feel good because obviously it's not good for us. it was just very apparent to me yesterday how I need to do better and not worrying so much and get rid of some spiritually hurtful things. 

 and it was a really great week! we were really blessed with a new investigator, S, he is from Samoa and super great!! he is preparing for baptism onD ec 27th. we also had a really great meeting with our whole zone. it's so wonderful to see how much everyone is doing and the great success of all our missionaries. the lord has really blessed us a lot this week.

We've been trying to work a lot on Unity in our Zone and working for the common goal of bring our brothers and sisters to Christ through the essential ordinances and covenants of Baptism for the remission of sins and have the guiding gift of the holy Ghost. we talk a lot about relying upon others especially our savior. in Ex 18 it talks about moses receiving help from Jetho his father in law, and we related that to relying upon other. We also talked a lot about the doctrine of Christ in 2 Ne 31, especially vs 21. We talked about how important it is to have a purpose and to know that when we accept baptism for the remission of sins that our purpose becomes what Christ's purpose is and what Heavenly Father's purpose is: to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. 

We also had a really great time yesterday with B and the C's. I don't know if I've really told you about them really. but B is getting baptized on the 22nd of Nov. he is sister C's son, but they've been separated for 12 years but recently found each other. it's really a miracle that they found each other, she has been praying for him and his siblings for a long time. it's been such a huge blessing to get to know him and to be a part of his life and help him. 

oh and this week we have a mission tour with elder Cardon of the seventy. it's going to be really great! :)

I love you and I am very grateful for your love, support and prayers! Please know that you are in my prayers. I love you!
ij iokwe eok!!
Elder Broadbent
ps it's been forever since I sent pictures: 1st is elder s and I 2nd is back in knoxville during general conference

 this picture was sent to me by a sweet sister in Iowa City - she said Josh was helping to load some wood and was a very good young man. - always great to hear that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment