Monday, April 13, 2015

Josh's Mission April 13 2015

Hello family!! 
so before I for get, first things first: I got transferred to Burlington IA, which is right by Nauvoo!!!! it's so crazy how a few weeks ago we were talking about me going to Nauvoo so much and now I"m literally 30 mIns away from there. :) it's so great!!! I've been down to Nauvoo already, cause we had a meeting there. so that's really great! My new companion is Elder Wardle, he's from Manteca California. He's so great!!! I actually served around him in Iowa city, so that's super awesome!!!

so also before I forget, there is a member here that might know a Broadbent who served down in Brazil I think around 2001 or so, I forget, but his name is Todd Garrison, so if anyone knows him let me know, that'd be so cool!

So I don't have much time, so I'll just tell you that it is so awesome being so close to Nauvoo!! We were talking a few days ago about just how much of a blessing it is to be right in the center of where so much church history happened. it's so amazing!! I loved being in Iowa City because that was where so many pioneers came through to go out west. and now I'm by Nauvoo where the Church really got started. it's such a miracle :) I just love it already!! We have a really good ward with lots of work to do. There used to be another set of missionaries here (sisters) but they had to take them out because there isn't enough to keep it open, so we have basically 4 times as much work to do now. our Zone is doing so well though!! we have lots of good missionaries here. :) it's really awesome too because we get to work with a lot of the missionaries that are serving in Nauvoo and Carthage as well, I haven't gotten to know any too well yet, but it's pretty awesome :)

it sounds like things are going well :) it is good that there is no bad news :) Life just goes on, moving onward and forward. I had a really cool insight today as I was studying. I've been thinking a lot about the Doctrine of Christ lately and just about how the 5 principles really apply to everything that we do in this life and the next. and I came across a phrase that I've just really thought a lot about, It's in PMG in the endure to the end section in ch3 lesson 5 it says: "As we continue to exercise faith in Christ, repent [daily], and renew our covenants, we enjoy continued guidance from the Holy Ghost." 

I just really love that because it summarizes so well how the Doctrine of Christ can apply to everyone, regardless of who they are. it shows us what we need to do, why we need to do, how we need to do it, and unlocks so many mysterious of God. It's so great!!! :) 

Yeah, I do know Erica, I remember here very well :) we were in a lot of the same classes. that's really great to hear that she is doing well after her mission :) tell her hi for me please :)

Well, I hope and pray that all is well!! I love you all so much and I really appreciate your love and prayers. I can't tell you enough, I truly do feel them. I love you!!
ij iokwe eok!!
Je teaime beaucoup
Elder Broadbent

ps here's a couple of pics:

the first is of a great family (the Jensens) in my last area and the next is the Crawfords. I thought I'd show you a pic of a few of the great families there! I might have talked about them before, but I'm don't remember.
and the next two are of me and elder Wardle in the Library..... I realized that I hadn't taken any pics of us yet. he's such a funny guy!
Funny comment about this picture - when it was first loading for me to see - all I could see were the bellies!!  I laughed and showed a co-worker and said - what is he (Elder B)doing comparing his stomach to someone who is pregnant!?  Glad it turned out to be a whole picture - much nicer looking!!




No comments:

Post a Comment