Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Beth's Mission Sept 12 2017

Also, I was talking to an Elder from San Antonio and he said that I could definitely use my peacoat for when it gets cold. Do you think you could send that to me later when I get to Texas? It's in one of my boxes upstairs. Also, I didn't realize how any T-shirts I would be using due to exercising and sleeping and I am wondering if you could send me some of my T-shirts that I packed away? Or should I just buy a couple? It's kind of crazy, I thought that I brought a lot of clothes, but I really don't have that much and especially compared to the other sisters in my room. Also with that, how much money is on my Card? There is an outfit I am thinking of buying, but I wanted to check how much is on my card first. Also! If you want to find me another flower dress with pockets I would love to have another of those! That's a lot of requests, but whatever you think is best will be perfect! I love you Mom! Thank you so much for everything! I hope that everything at home is going well! I love you!!


This week was quite the week!! Full of ups and downs and lots of learning and the Spirit!! God is good y'all!! 
Last Tuesday for the Devotional we had Elder Oaks and his wife speak to us! It was so incredible! He taught about Changing, achieving, and becoming and how we can do hard things if we will but trust in the Lord! I truly know that He is an apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ! 
For the Sunday Devotional we had Chad Lewis and his wife speak to us! Also so great! These devotionals are truly inspired! We have another one tonight and I can't wait!

In one of our classes this past week we were talking about prayer and how we each personally receive answers from the Holy Ghost. In Preach My Gospel there is a whole chapter on Recognizing the Spirit and its amazing! I know that Heavenly Father truly does listen to and answer our prayers! If we will but ask, He will answer!!  

D&C 4:7
Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Amen.

 I am so grateful for prayer! We pray more times a day then I can count and it is so incredible how the Spirit helps us in everything that we do! During a lesson our teacher decided to have us do a little Personal Revelation activity- it was so powerful! We went to a quiet space (the new building has areas on each floor that are called "ponder spaces" that have music and beautiful windows and its amazing!!) and we just talked with Heavenly Father. I invite you to try this! Find a quiet area and then pray to Heavenly Father with a question in mind. After you finish your prayer (make sure you have paper and pencil with you) just wait and listen. Write down any and all thoughts that come to your mind! It is so incredible and I know that Heavenly Father will answer your prayer!!

So a couple of crazy awesome things happened this week! First, We got our travel plans!! We will be leaving for Texas in 8 days! So crazy! The time here at the MTC has flown by! It has been so incredible to learn and grow and feel the spirit so strongly testify of the truthfulness of what I am doing! I am so grateful to be here and to learn and teach by the spirit. 
Also! Sister Holt and I have been assigned to be the Sister Training Leaders in our Zone for the Week!! It already has been so fun and tomorrow we get to welcome two new districts into our zone and we are so excited!!!

I love this gospel much! We are a part of such a great work and I am so grateful for the honor it is to truly represent my Savior Jesus Christ and teach his gospel and share his love! I know He knows and loves each and everyone of us and it is so incredible to help others to know and feel of that for themselves! 

I love you all!! Thank you for all of your love, support, and prayers! I have truly felt of them this week! I love you! Have a wonderful week!!

Love, 

-Sister Broadbent



No comments:

Post a Comment