Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Beth's Mission Sept 19 2017 Last day of MTC

Last MTC letter!  She's on her way tomorrow morning!! 

Hello from the MTC one last time!! These past three weeks have literally flown by! The first about 5 days seemed to go on forever, but now it's already time for us to leave! I am so grateful for the time I have been able to spend here at the MTC learning and growing and coming closer to my Savior.

That is so awesome that Joe blessed the Sacrament! It brought tears to my eyes! I know he did so wonderfully and righteousy. I am so proud of him and the strong valiant young man he is!

It's crazy to think that I will be in Texas tomorrow!! We've gotten emails from the sisters who left last week and its crazy now that it's our turn! I am so excited and slightly terrified haha but I am so excited to meet the people of Texas and help them know of Heavenly Father and Christ's love for them! We are so blessed! 


This past week was such an awesome crazy one!

One of the things that I have loved about the MTC is the devotionals! Last Tuesday we had Elder Kearon from the Presidency of the Seventy and his wife come talk to us. Then on Sunday we had the Provo Temple President and Matron speak to us- such inspired messages! I'm excited to listen and learn from whoever comes tonight for the last one! 
        As Sister Holt and I had the opportunity to be Sister Training Leaders this past week- we definitely we kept on our toes! We had a few crazy moments with the phone and having to run to find sisters but everything went well! It was always so fun to "do our rounds" at night and talk to them about their day and tell them how much we love them. The new sisters that came in on Wednesday are so cute! We got two new districts in our zone and it was so exciting to welcome 8 new sisters!! I truly came to love each and every one of them!
           Crazy thing that happened- One of our Elders wasn't being so smart and had to get four stitches in his finger so that was exciting! Haha I have loved my district so much!! I know that it wasn't by chance that we were all thrown together as a district. Last night we had a testimony meeting together and it was just so great! Our Elders are so great and I'm grateful that they were respectful and obedient- for the most part. I wish them the best of tidings on their missions! 
            Also a crazy thing that happened last night- us sisters were writing together in our journal circle when the Fire alarm started going off!! At first we thought it was a joke, but them everyone was evacuating the building! It was crazy to see all of the sisters from the whole building head outside in their PJs, some crying, some laughing, some taking videos and pictures- and no one had any idea what had happened!! As we were all outside- a group of sisters started singing hymns and it slowly grew until almost everyone was singing together. It was so powerful! We still aren't sure what happened, but we got the ok to go back in and just as we were writing in our journals again the alarm sounded again! But only once this time- then there was an announcement about an electrictian coming to fix it- so as far as we know it was just a faulty electric problem- All is well!!

            As I've been here at the MTC, I have truly felt so grateful for Heavenly Father's plan for each of us! I know that He truly knows every detail of our lives and He will help us along the way if we will but turn to Him and follow Him. I'm not going to lie, these past three weeks have definitely been hard- but I have learned to rely on my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ in all that I do and it has changed my life! This past Sunday- one of our teachers invited us to truly ponder on who the Savior is to us during the Sacrament- it was so incredible! What can each of us do to better represent the Savior? Also on Sunday we got to do our last temple walk! It was awesome and so beautiful! And we get to go to the Temple later today! So excited!!

Another really cool experience that I have loved is doing Book of Mormon reads as a district in class. Since yesterday was our last day of classes, in our last class, Brother Alley had us read the last chapter of the Book of Mormon. It was awesome! That chapter has such power and truth in it as does every word of that wonderful Book! As we were talking and pondering together, I had a calm yet super strong feeling come over me that the Book of Mormon is truly the word of God. I know it. I know that as we read it and pray to know if it is true, the Holy Ghost will testify over and over of it's truthfulness and power- it truly is the keystone of our religion.

I have felt so blessed over the past few weeks- to have felt the spirit constantly so strong and to have learned and grown so much, I know this is only the beginning, but I am so grateful and I can't wait to see what Heavenly Father has in store! I am so grateful for each of my teachers here and for the lessons that I have learned.

I am so grateful for each of you for all of your love and support and for being such incredible example to me! Thank you for everything!! I am so grateful for the incredible opportunity I have to literally represent my Savior Jesus Christ and to go out and serve the wonderful people in Texas! I am so exctied and I know that with God, no trial will be too big. I have already felt so much love for so many people that I haven't even met yet! I am so excited to meet them! We leave bright and early tomorrow morning and the next time I e-mail it will be from Texas!

I love you all so very much!! Thank you for everything big and small that you have blessed my life with. Thank you for all of your love, support, and prayers! I hope you all have a fantastic week!!!

God is good y'all!!

Love,


Sister Broadbent



P.S. We met a guy who was on the first set of District films!! He went to San Antonio on his mission and now works at the MTC! It was so neat!










No comments:

Post a Comment