Monday, November 27, 2017

Beth's Mission Nov 27 Round Rock 10

This week was a great week! 

We were able to do a lot of service from helping Sister Owen's with her Etsy business, to painting the older women's nails at the Living Center, to preparing food for the homeless and needy on Thanksgiving, to helping a less active in our ward decorate one of her four Christmas trees!! It was a great and busy week!

First, Happy Thanksgiving!! I hope that everyone was able to eat lots of food and especially recognize the things that you are grateful for! There is so much that we have to be grateful for! I was reading a conference talk from President Monson on the attitude gratitude. "A grateful heart, then, comes through expressing gratitude to our Heavenly Father for His blessings and to those around us for all that they bring into our lives. This requires conscious effort—at least until we have truly learned and cultivated an attitude of gratitude."
I have realized once again the blessing of agency! We choose if we want to be happy, if we want to be grateful, if we want to be obedient, if we want to serve others, if we want to share the gospel. We have the power to choose! It is such a blessing to reevaluate our choices and choose to align our will with Heavenly Father's!

This week we were able to have a pass off lesson with the YSA Elders for Ryan and Preston! We had a great lesson about the Book of Mormon and they went to church again yesterday! We are so excited to see how they grow in the gospel!
Yesterday we were able to have a lesson with a new investigator referral from a young man in our ward. Her name is Bailey and she has a lot of friends in the church. We taught the Restoration and it went so well! She agreed to read the Book of Mormon and we will be meeting with her again! So great! The spirit was so strong as we quoted the Joseph Smith's account of the First Vision. It was so powerful. I love the peace and strength that the spirit brings. I know that Joseph Smith truly did see Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ that beautiful morning. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true! I am so grateful for the love and strength that I have felt from my Heavenly Father! I know that as we truly turn to Him and have faith, we will be able to become who He needs us to be and we will be able to get through anything with the Savior on our side!!
We are so blessed!!
I am so grateful for this gospel!

Also this week the Light the World launch video came out!!! If you haven't seen it, go watch it!!! It is amazing!! There is a calendar of 25 ways to serve over the 25 days until Christmas starting December 1st!! It will be so awesome!! How can you light the world?

I am so grateful for each and every one of you and for the love and support that you give me! I have truly felt your love and prayers and I am so grateful!
I hope that all is well! Have an absolutely wonderful week!!!
I love you all!!


Love,

Sister Broadbent

I forgot to tell you about my birthday! 
It was such a great day!!
We had a wonderful ward council, then church was amazing.The primary sang to me super loud and it was so cute and amazing! Loved it!!
Then we decorated Christmas trees and it was awesome!
Then we had dinner with the Creers and it was so great! Her mom made me a homemade double layer German Chocolate cake and it was absolutely amazing! Thank you for the cake mix and recipe as well!! We will be making that soon!
And she gave me a neckalace and candy! So kind!! (Oh! Thank Cari for sending me those earrings!! They are so cute!!! Love them!!)
After dinner we went to our lesson with Bailey which was so good!!!!
Then we went to share the Light the World video with familes and it was awesome! We stopped at the Lowe's house and they gave us ice cream and she gave me lotion and stuff! So kind!!
It was such a great birthday! Definitely one to remember!! I was thinking about you and the family all day and I am so grateful for you!! 
Thank you for everything!!
I love you!!!


Pictures:
1. Sister Hill and I on exchanges!
2. Thanksgiving with the Bjarnason's!!
3. Decorating a 12' Christmas tree!!
4. We set up our Christmas tree and nativities today!!





No comments:

Post a Comment