Monday, December 4, 2017

Beth's Mission Dec 4 Round Rock 11

It's snowing!?! That's so awesome!! I'm not sure I miss the snow haha, but it is weird not having snow when Christmas is coming! It's basically fall here haha the leaves are starting to fall on some of the trees and it's beginning to get a little chilly at points, but honestly it's not even cold! It's weird! And everyone says that it's not normal for it to be this warm this time of year, but we're not complaining! It doesn't quite feel like "the holidays" though- definitely a different expereince!

This week was a pretty great week!!

We had exchanges on Tuesday and Friday and Sister Hill and I got to be together again! She is so great! I love her and it is a privilage to get to serve with her! On the Tuesday exchange we had a lesson with one of the families they are teaching in the Spanish Branch and we got to read a chapter with them in the Book of Mormon! I read in Spanish and it was awesome! They helped me along and said I had a good accent haha One day I'll be fluent! ;)

On Wednesday we had Zone Conference! It was the Christmas conference and it was so amazing!! There were a lot of musical numbers and I got to play the hymns and for one of the musical numbers and it was so fun! The trainings were amazing and we talked a lot about working with members and having ministering visits and using the Book of Mormon in every teaching opportunity. So good! It was a great Zone Conference up here in the Austin area!

This past weekend was our stake's Stake Conference and it was so great! President and Sister Polley spoke in the Adult session on Saturday and they, along with the Stake Presidency, apparently talked a lot about missionary work and how members truly need to work together with missionaries to increase the work! We weren't able to go, but we heard all about it and have had over five families already schedule cottage meetings and ministering visits and we are so excited!! It truly is a miracle!! And Sunday we had a mission wide fast for ministering visits and claiming the blessings from them. We have already seen blessings and miracles occur and I know that as we continue to work with the members- because we truly can't do this great work without the members!- we will see even more blessings and we will be able to help more and more people feel the Light and Love of Christ!! What a blessing we have to be a part of this glorious gospel! And what an even greater blessing we have to share it with others!

One way that we have loved sharing the gospel is with the Light the World initiative! It is so amazing!! It has been one way that the members have been able to reach out to others and serve as our Savior served! I think the most important part of this Light the World is that it reminds us that we can serve and Light the World all year round! It is such a blessing to look outside of ourselves and serve! I know as we serve others we will be blessed and strengthened in all that we do!
On Saturday our townhouse neighborhood had a service/beautify day and we got to meet a lot of our neighbors and serve with them as we fixed some things in our complex! It was so great and for the Light the World, we brought water for everyone to have! It was such a great service day!

A favorite quote that I found in my studies from this past General Conference is from "Turn to the Lord," By Bishop W. Christopher Waddell:
"True enduring happiness with the accompanying strength, courage, and capacity to overcome the most challenging difficulties comes from a life centered in Jesus Christ. … There is no guarantee of overnight results, but there is absolute assurance that, in the Lord’s time, solutions will come, peace will prevail, and emptiness will be filled.”

Knowing that Heavenly Father is there for each of us has helped me a lot this past week. One thing President Polley told us is that we should be Praying as if everything depends on the Lord and then working as if everything depends on us. I love that so much! Trust in God, work hard and everything will work out!

I am so grateful for all of the support and prayers I feel from each and everyone of you! Thank you for being a part of my life and for helping me to be who I am today! I love you all so much!!
I hope that you all have a wonderful week and that you can find your own ways to Light the World!

Love,

Sister Broadbent




Pictures:
1. Texas Ornament passed down from previous missionaries
2. Austin Zone Conference
3. Baking Cookies for our neighbors!!



No comments:

Post a Comment