Monday, January 1, 2018

Beth's Mission Jan 1 2018 Round Rock 15

This week was a pretty great week!
It feels like it went by really fast! But then again it always does! And now it's 2018! Happy New Year!!

A couple of highlights from this week:
We were able to have interviews with President Polley on Thursday and it was so great! I am so grateful for his counsel and invitations! It is always so good to be able to talk with him as well as with Sister Polley about the work and about how we can improve and better apply the things we learn as missionaries into who we are.

We had two exchanges this week! One on Friday due to a Mission Leadership Council that Sister Watt attended. I was with Sister Siddoway who just got in the mission 3 weeks ago! She is from Bountiful, Utah and is so cute! It was fun being with her!
Then on Saturday we had another exchange and I was able to be with Hermana Ferrell! She is so sweet! 
It is always great to be with other Sisters and to learn and grow together! We were able to talk to some awesome people and it was great!
We weren't able to have very many lessons this week due to cancellations and other things, but that doesn't stop us! Even the cold 30 degree freezing weather won't stop us! It has been so cold! It even snowed again last night!!! And still The work must go on! And what a blessing it is to know that Heavenly Father has a plan for all things and everything is going and will work as it needs to!
As the new year has come upon us, this week has been one of new resolutions. A time to look inward and see what we can do better to look outward and truly become different- resolving to be better than we were. 
Yesterday in Sacrament Meeting, the talks were all focused on how we can truly improve and make goals that we can achieve to help us become who our Heavenly Father needs us to be. Not just changing the physical things that we do or are, but changing the way we think and act to better align our thoughts with our Father and to truly become His sons and His daughters.
As this new year of 2018 begins, what can you do to become more like our Savior Jesus Christ? What can you do to truly follow His example in word and in deed?
This morning I was able to finish the Book of Mormon again and it was such a powerful experience for me!! I felt the peace and strength of the spirit testifying to me and confirming that the Book of Mormon is true. I know that it truly is the word of God. This read and study was focused on the Doctrine of Christ that President Polley invited us to do my first Zone Conference. As I have been studying, it has been incredible to see truly how everything is centered on our Savior Jesus Christ! He truly is the Light, the life, and the way!
If you haven't read the Book of Mormon or if your could be a little better at truly studying, I would invite you to start now! There is no better time than the present to recommit and to seek Jesus Christ. 
Moroni 10:32

"Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God."

I know that Jesus is the Christ! I know He loves you and He cares about you. I know that the Book of Mormon truly is another Testament of Jesus Christ. I know that, as Joseph Smith said, it is "the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book."

I love you all so much!! I am so grateful for your love and support and prayers! Thank you for all that you do and Thank you for being a part of my life!!
I hope that you all have a wonderful week and a very Happy New Year!!!


Love,

Sister Broadbent


Pictures:

1. These plants are huge and we have yet to find out what they are.
2. Sister Watt and I during our studies
3. Hermana Ferrell and I





No comments:

Post a Comment