Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Beth's Mission Jan 8, 2018 Round Rock 16

Carthage sounds like a great movie! I love church history so much! I was reading a story about Joseph F. Smith (Hyrum Smith's son) and I just love hearing the stories of all of our prophets past and present! It is truly such a blessing to know that this church is lead by our Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ! As I have reflected on the President Monson's life and passing, it has made me realize how wonderful this church is- we have such incredible leaders to learn from as we learn for ourselves from the scriptures and the teachings of Christ. So blessed to know and trust in God that all will happen just as it needs to in His great plan!



Also, next week I most likely won't be emailing a group email. I will be able to email you, but I don't think we'll have a lot of time to do all of our emailing. We are going to the temple on Thursday the 18th so our P-day gets moved to that day, but we still email on Monday- we just won't have a ton of time- hope that all makes sense. We are so excited to go to the temple! It's crazy how comfortable I got going to the temple every week- I definitely took it for granted! It will be so good to go.

2018 is already going! So crazy! I am so excited to spend all of 2018 in Texas on my mission! Such a blessing!
The book of Ether is one of my favorites as well! I love about all of the incredible people in the Book of Mormon!
One thing that I don't think I realized at all before my mission is how important it is for the members to be involved in converts and less actives and the whole ward really! Missionary work is the work of the gospel- we are all here to help each other along as we continue on this journey back to our Father in Heaven. 



This week was a great week! Again it went by SO fast!!

A couple of highlights- we went on two exchanges this week so I got to be with Sister Siddoway twice this week! It was great!!
      While on one of our exchanges we were able to meet with Ryan that Sister Hill and I found over a month ago. He is now going to the YSA ward and that's the ward that Sister Siddoway is over, but he still lives in our area- so it all worked out! It was such a great lesson! It was amazing to see how he is growing and progressing in the gospel!! Every aspect of this work is so good! Whether you are a "sower," a "gardener," a "waterer," or a "reaper," the work you are doing is so important!

We were able to meet with a less active woman in our ward -Sister Garcia- who is working to come back and wants her 8 year old son to be baptized! We were able to have two lessons with them this week and it was so good!! We have been working with her for a couple months now, but this week was different. She recognized the peace that she feels when we come and remembers the peace that she felt at church and she wants that in her life and in her children's lives. The second lesson we had with her on Saturday, we were searching for a member to come with us- two fell through and then the member- Sister Chase- that came with us Friday night said to call her again for anything and so we called her to come! It was more last minute than we usually like to plan for lessons, but it was a miracle to have her there! They connected on so many levels and it was incredible! Sister Garcia is basiacally at the same point in her life that Sister Chase was at 30 years ago. Sister Chase was perfect for Sister Garcia and she is planning on helping her with things that she needs including helping her come to church! It was such a blessing and truly all in the hands of the Lord!!

We also had Zone Conference on Thursday this week and it was so great! There was a big focus on how we need to be completely focused on our purpose and how we need to be better disciplined disciples of Jesus Christ. As disciples of Jesus Christ we testify of Him and invite others to come unto Him! That is why we are here! It is such a blessing to be able to help each other along as we all continue on the path back to our Heavenly Father! We also talked about sustaining our leaders and doing all that we can to help each other along! With the passing of President Monson, it is a blessing to know that everything is truly directed by our Father in Heaven. I know that as we sustain our leaders and support this work, we will be blessed and strengthened and be able to learn and grow together!

We have been invited by President Polley to make the scriptures our own- to liken them to ourselves and to write them on our hearts so that we can draw on them for comfort and so we can share them with others.

One that I have been working on is Mosiah 4:12

"And behold, I say unto you that if ye do this ye shall always rejoice, and be filled with the love of God, and always retain a remission of your sins; and ye shall grow in the knowledge of the glory of him that created you, or in the knowledge of that which is just and true." 

It has been such an amazing experience to truly make this verse my own- coming up with a way to remember it and being able to think about it during the day and find opportunities to share it with others. I love the scriptures so much! It is such a blessing to be able to study and learn and continue to grow in the knowledge of God!

I want to invite you pick a scripture that you can make your own and that you can write on your heart. And share it! Share it with anyone that you feel you want to! I know that it will strengthen others and you!

I love you all so much!! Thank you for your strength and support and prayers! I am so grateful for each and every one of you!! I love you!!
I hope that you have an incredible week!!


Love,

Sister Broadbent


Pictures:

-Sister Siddoway and I on exchanges
-Sister Watt and I out walking
-A beautiful trail we walked on
-Hermana Hill and I did "corn rows" on Hermana Ferrell :)





No comments:

Post a Comment