Monday, March 5, 2018

Beth's Mission Feb 26 Week 23

We heard that you got snow!! A lot of the families here have kids at BYU and they said there was a lot of snow!! Crazy! This winter has been really strange!! In Utah and here! It rained a lot again this past week! It was warm for one day and then freezing for the next couple days and then off and on with tons of wind. Everyone says it's not normally like this, but oh well!

Goodness this week was such a great week!! But then every week really is a great week!! Especially when we look at the positive things that are happening, keep counting our blessings, and taking time to notice the tender mercies that God gives!! They truly are endless!! I am constantly in awe of His love for us!!

I am currently drawing a blank as to what specifc things happened this week except that we were able to do quite a bit of service which is always awesome and great to get out in the community! We painted nails at Hearthstone, helped at the Round Rock Serving Center, helped Sister Owens' with her cute Etsy business, and we helped Sister Garcia clean her house and also got to read the Book of Mormon with her son Jr.! That was so fun! We biked to her house which is at the bottom of our area, but it was super fun--even with rain pelting us in the face haha. Service is the best!!

Other than that, yesterday was probably the highlight of the week! First I love Sundays so much! They are truly the best day of the week! As a missionary they are super busy with meetings and lessons and such, but still the best day ever!
So! First we had an awesome Ward Council- so much support and we are so grateful for the focus on missionary work that is growing!!
Then we had an amazing lesson with Dominic! I'm not sure I mentioned it last week, but Dominic has accepted to be baptized!!! There were a few things we had to make sure happened first so we had originally set the  day for April 21st, but we knew that he was ready and that we could move the date sooner. We prayed and prayed and then there were literally miracles that happened and he said the sooner the better!! So we presesnted the day we felt was right and he accepted!! Dominic will be baptized on March 17th!! We are so excited for him!! It has been the most amazing thing to see him progress and to see truly how he is becoming converted!! I feel so blessed to be here! Sister Bleak and I have discussed and agree that we truly are just instruments and are so blessed to witness the hand of the Lord in this incredible family's life!! I love them so much! I am truly grateful for the plan that our Heavenly Father has for each and every one of us!!
Then two new Ward missionaries we called in Sacrament meeting! So exciting!!!
Then we had an awesome cottage meeting with Sister Power, Dominic, Meghan and the Sheen family! It was awesome!!
Such a great day!!

Sorry for the scattered email, but this week was so good! Through the good and the hard, everything is as it needs to be!

I feel like Nephi when talking about our Heavenly Father, he said, "I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things."
Heavenly Father has a plan far greater than I will ever understand in this life, but I know that He loves us and that everything He does for us, everything we go through, everything on earth is in our best interest! He loves us so much!!

I am so grateful for you!! Thank you for your love and support and prayers!! I feel truly blessed!!
I hope that all is well and that you have a wonderful week!!!
I love you!!


-Sister Broadbent


Pictures:


1. Hermana Hill and I on exchanges! Love her so much!!!

2. Sister Bleak and I having a blast!! She is the best! 
With the Vaubel family

No comments:

Post a Comment