Monday, March 5, 2018

Beth's Mission Mar 5 Week 24 - 6 Month's and a Transfer!

This winter sounds like a crazy one everywhere! It's been warmer with less snow there and colder with a few snow flurries here! Lately there has been a lot of rain, but there are blossoms coming and the grass is beginning to turn green so that is exciting! Spring is on the way!

Isn't it so crazy how the time flies!? I am constantly amazed at how it goes! 
Here I am already passed 6 months and at the end of another transfer! It goes by so fast!!
I know that Heavenly Father truly does send Tender Mercies! I am always in awe of how He keeps on blessing us and how much He is truly is aware and cares for each of us!! Such a blessing to have that knowledge that there truly are no coincidences!


This week was a great week here in Walsh Ranch! I love this area so much! I love the people and am so grateful for the feeling of home that I have felt here!

That being said, today we got transfer calls and found out that I will be leaving my dear Walsh Ranch! I am being transferred to the Valley Ranch area which I know almost nothing about except that it is sort of in the San Antonio area and that Sister Holt (my MTC comp) has been there for a transfer! I also found out that I will be receiving a trainee!! And I will be a Sister Training Leader!! So many changes!! It is going to be crazy and so different, but I am excited to see what is in store and I will tell you all about Valley Ranch and everything next week!!

This week was such a great one though! We had the goal to find one new investigator and were doing all we could do to so and on Tuesday we found Guy and on Friday, we found Jason!!! It was a miracle!! Both times we were out finding and praying that we would be in the right place at the right time! We had to refer Guy to the YSA ward, but still so exciting!! And We set a return appointment with Jason for Friday and are so excited!!! Also on Friday we went out tracting (which we don't do very often in this area, but felt we needed to) and we met so many great people! A couple We met, John and Eileen, who invited us in for water and then we talked and talked and they said to come back for water or anything anytime! They weren't interested in hearing about the gospel right now, but we have begun a friendship and one day that seed will grow!
It is amazing to see the blessings Heavenly Father pours down on us for our hard work and obedience and how He continues to put people in our path! He is preparing each of His children so we can all return to live with Him! It is such a privilage to witness that first hand!

This week we also had two lessons with Dominic! He is doing so great! Every time we are so amazed at his progress and his willingness to do as the Lord asks! He is still all set for his baptism on the 17th! And is beginning to prepare for the temple as well! So exciting!!

I am so grateful for this privilage to serve and to trust in the Lord! We taught a less active family this past week and asked them about prayer and I am always amazed at the faith that people have as they turn to God and rely on Him! It is something that we have to decide to do every single day! To truly, "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." Knowing that as we  acknowledge him, "he shall direct thy paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6) 
He truly is there! He loves each of us so much and He wants what is best for us in every aspect of our lives! 
I am so grateful for this gospel! I am so grateful for the privilege to share it with those that Heavenly Father places in my path! No matter what happens, He will always be there every step of the way!



I am so grateful for all that you do for me Mom! You help me everyday! I am kind of out of sorts about the transfer news, but I know that the Lord is in charge and I trust Him! I love you so much Mom and I am so grateful for your example and strength that you give! I love you!!!
I hope that things get better with the missionaries there- I wish I could come tell them whats what haha, but everything happens for a reason as we know. 

I hope that you have a wonderful week!! Thank you for all that you do for me!! I love you!!!

Love,

-Sister Broadbent


Pictures:


1. Role play Pictures in Ikea last week ðŸ˜† The life of a missionary!

2. At the Service Center with Meghan

3. Sister Bleak and I before Book of Mormon class

4. Last day with the four Sisters in #702- Love them so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment