Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Mary's MIssion April 4, 2012

April 4, 2012
For those of you who may not have seen Mary - she was in the MTC choir on the Saturday afternoon session. I will try and figure out how to capture her from the youtube, as of yet I am not having success, so check out the blog later! Or you can just go to youtube, search for the 2012 lds conference sat session (you'll see David Archuleta all over it!). They have some great shots of Mary in the Lead Kindley Light Hymn. She is near the end.
Here is her latest letter!

HELLO! HELLO!

I have so much to tell you about! I'm already assuming that I won't fit it all in this email, so you'll most likely get a letter, too.  With that being said-I'm probably not going to write any of this in Armenian :( But I want to get as much in as I can.

I'm so sorry about Sis. Coleman's dad-I'm sure it was hard for her, but I hope everyone is doing well with it.  We are SO blessed to have the gospel!  If for no other reason, it's the knowledge we have that we can be with our families forever.  What a blessing!

I'm so glad you were able to go up and spend time with Kris, Marinda, and Camryn-it sounds like it was great! I'm trying to picture just how adorable Camryn is and I'm positive my imaginations are not doing her justice.  Please do send pictures-I would LOVE them! You could even send them through email and that'd be great! Speaking of which-will you forward the pictures to me that Marinda sent from Karalyn?  I'd love to see them.

Saturday was SO fantastic!  I can't even begin to describe to you how wonderful it was!  The choir directors kept saying it was a once in a lifetime opportunity, and I thought, I've done something like this before, right?  But truly, nothing can compare.  I think even if I was in MOTAB for years, it wouldn't be the same as singing as a missionary.  I love the calming power we find through the Holy Ghost.  Sis. Bobzien and I were talking afterwards how as we were waiting to sing Glory to God our hearts were pounding, but as we started the spirit immediately calmed us.  I also love how well everything connects together.  The 2 speakers right before we sang Lead kindly light, spoke some about that idea-how we need the Lord to guide us.  It was so powerful-I almost started crying at the end (and we all know how little that happens :)) And singing Mack Wilberg's arrangement of Praise to the Man was AMAZING!  It was the neatest thing to be apart of the growing momentum of the song-and to witness that I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that the sacrifice sung about in the last verse, is something that all of us can relate to as we sacrifice for the gospel and for our Savior.  WOW! We came back and watched all of the songs-we've talked often here that there are always angels round about us to bear us up-but I think there were more angels with us then!  I feel SO blessed to have had the opportunity!

CONFERENCE WAS AMAZING!  I loved it!  I love how simple the gospel is and how much it fits so perfectly into our lives.

Sunday night we had Vai Sikahema speak to us-he is a sports broadcastor in Philedelphia-he told some awesome stories about how he is still helping to share the gospel through his work.  The station he works for started doing this thing a while ago called the Wednesday's Child-where they are trying to place children in homes for adoption-they were looking for a slogan that would that would be catchy-he suggested "Looking for a Forever Family" So now, all over Pennsylvania they use that slogan.  He said that he hopes that the children who are placed through the program will recognize the gospel when they have the opportunity to hear it and that it will be familiar to them.  He also said that last year the tabernacle choir asked him to help sell tickets for a show they were going to do there-and they let him do whatever was necessary for it.  I don't know if you could look it up on youtube, but it awesome, the "commercial" they created to promote the show.  I just love how he showed us (even though we already know) that missionary work needs to be done everywhere-especially after missions.  What can we do to share the message of the gospel with those around us? How can we help prepare people to accept the gospel?

Right after the fireside we had this AMAZING opportunity.  We were back in our classroom and some security guards came to get us to go to the front desk-we all thought it was some kind of April Fool's joke.  We got to the front desk and there were 3 men-2 americans and one armenian.  The americans-1 the father of a missionary speaking armenian in Cal. and the other his brother. The armenian -Օրեմ-moved to CA about 7 years ago-about 4 months ago he was driving and saw the angel Moroni on top of one of the temples and he thought "I need to go in that place" So he made his way to the temple-they told him he couldn't go in and explained why and then arranged to have him meet the missionaries. (There are 4 Elders who speak Armenian in Glendale CA-and they have an Armenian branch there) So he's been meeting with the missionaries ever since.  Then the week before conference he decided he wanted to go to conference-he drove up here, by himself and ended up staying with this Elder's family.  He didn't have any tickets-but he was able to attend all the sessions of conference in the conference center!  So we talked to him-in Armenian and English-about the gospel and about Armenia.  It was AWESOME!  And we were able to understand!  WOW!  He told us how he knows Pres. Monson is a prophet, that the church is true, and that he wants to be baptized.  We all couldn't stop smiling and he made a comment about how people in Armenia don't smile, Sis Bobzien asked if we shouldn't smile then, and he said "No-smile-all the time-it will catch their attention and they'll wonder why you're smiling and why you're happy"  so amazing!  I'm so excited to meet these people!  Scared out of my mind-but SO excited!

I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the only church on the earth that contains the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  We know and have access to all the doctrines that we need to return to our Heavenly Father. I feel blessed beyond measure to be apart of this work!

I love you all! You're the best!

Love,

Sis. Broadbent

Oh and yes-I leave the 16th-less than 2 weeks :) so CRAZY!

No comments:

Post a Comment