Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mothers Day!

What a wonderful time we had talking to and seeing Mary!!  We were a bit worried about seeing her face to face but it went well and it was great to meet her companion, Sister Bailey.  It was a great Mother's Day!




Barev dzez family!

It was so good to see you and talk to you!  I have to admit, I was also a little nervous to use skype, I wasn't sure how I would respond, but it was so good!  I am so grateful to the technology we have!  How wonderful that we can talk clear across the world!

It sounds like the rest of the weekend was good!  What a small world that Dad's cousin's daughter ran into Steve and Julie-what a tender mercy!  Sis. Beal and I were talking today about how neat it is to find those connections-and what a small world it is, since the connections seem to come so often!  I love how evident the Lord's hand is in our lives!  Be sure to give Kris, Marinda, and Camryn a big squeeze!

We don't have much time to write today-we had to go to Yerevan so Sis. Bailey could sign something to renew her visa.  And since you basically know all the goings on here....there's not much to say.  But, yesterday at church one of the members of the district presidency came and spoke in our branch-he spoke about charity.  I've decided to study charity this week-will you all study it too and tell me what you learn?

This past week there's been a couple of things I've been thinking about-I studied a bit about obedience and the role it plays in our lives-as a missionary, but it definitely applies everywhere.  As I've studied the scriptures I've come to feel and learn how important it really is, to be exactly obedient, and to always be tuning up-since there is always more we can do to become like our Savior.  And how truly amazing our Savior is, since it is only through His power that we are even able to become like Him (through His grace).  I love how our obedience is an outward way we show the Lord that we are willing and committed to follow Him-and it is through each choice to follow that we are becoming as we should.  Choosing wrong does the same thing, but in the opposite direction-where every choice that goes against the commandments leads us away from our Father and Savior-and we become less like them.  Always a consequence.  I love this scripture in Mosiah 2 And behold, all that he arequires of you is to bkeep his commandments; and he has cpromised you that if ye would keep his commandments ye should prosper in the land; and he never doth dvary from that which he hath said; therefore, if ye do ekeephis fcommandments he doth bless you and prosper you.
 23 And now, in the first place, he hath created you, and granted unto you your lives, for which ye are indebted unto him.
 24 And secondly, he doth arequire that ye should do as he hath commanded you; for which if ye do, he doth immediately bbless you; and therefore he hath paid you. And ye are still indebted unto him, and are, and will be, forever and ever; therefore, of what have ye to boast?
We are strengthened for our obedience-and always, ever more in debt to our Savior.  And its like I was telling you about the 4th missionary talk-that it is giving all of our heart and mind to the Lord where we become changed.  Giving our will to Him.  And He blesses us all the more when we give Him our will. 
Couple of quotes on obedience: Obedience to the Lord’s commands, in spite of how trivial or unimportant we believe them to be, will surely bring His promised blessings....  Obedience to the Lord’s commandments provides us confidence in our chosen path, qualifies us for His guidance and direction as we pursue our efforts, and offers us the potential to become like our Savior, Jesus Christ, and return to our Father’s presence.  Harold B. Lee said: “The safety of the Church lies in the members keeping the commandments. … As they keep the commandments, blessings will come.” 1 
Second thing I was thinkin about just this morning.  I was reading from the Book of Mormon in Jacob 1-verse 19 is what hit me.  It talks about how Jacob labored to teach the gospel diligently, to magnify his calling so the blood of the people wouldn't be on his hands.  I was thinking how that applies to us.  How exactly do we go about magnifying our callings?  In a general conference talk in 2010 Pres. Eyring says this about fulfilling our duty to God-hence magnifying our calling:  It is to learn what the Lord expects of you, make a plan to do it, act on your plan with diligence, and then share with others how your experience changed you and blessed others. And this is what we strive to do-as I've thought about it-I am amazed at how much Preach My Gospel helps us accomplish this.  So inspired and wonderful!
I know the Lord truly does bless us for our obedience and diligence.  I know He is aware of each of us, in our different situations, all things we are experiencing.  He loves us!  This is the only true church on the earth today!
I love you all!
Sis. Broadbent

No comments:

Post a Comment