Monday, September 17, 2012

Mary's Mission Letter Sept 17, 2012

Hey family-just a random quote I've been thinking about from Pres. Monson

"To find real happiness we must seek for it in a focus outside ourselves."  

I hope you'll all find some little service you can do for someone-even if it's just a smile, listening to them for a few minutes, letting an angry word pass, etc.  Nothing big.  Just find something you can do for someone else.

Love you!

Sis. Broadbent

Բարև ձեզ իմ սիրել ընտանիք (hello my beloved family),

It sounds like this week was another good one!  I am so grateful that the Lord takes such good care of all of us.  It sounds like the fireside was really good-and I'm sure Josh and Beth sounded wonderful!  They are both so talented!  I was surprised to hear about Pres. Cottle and Sis. Jones.  As hard as both circumstances are, I know the Lord is caring for each of us, that His plan and timing is so perfect, even if we don't understand the reasoning behind it.  Congrats to Curtis! I didn't even know he was dating anyone-it will be so neat for them to be sealed!  That is so exciting for Brian and Becky-it sounds like it's getting closer for them! That's great!  And way to go Joe! I always hoped he would find that love in reading....I knew it was deep down there somewhere! 

Lately the weather has been starting to cool down-it's still in the 90's during the days, but at nights is when we feel the chill-I think fall and winter will be here soon!

Gayane is good-she was a bit sick this last week, but she's still doing so well! We had another miracle-she has never had an abortion!  That is so huge for an Armenian woman! We also found out that her daughter is actually adopted and her son was a miracle because she couldn't have kids!  WOW! I can't even tell you how we felt when we found out and when we found out how she feels about abortions.  Truly, amazing! 

Sveta, another investigator, has started doing better this last week.  Up until about halfway through the week, we didn't really feel like she understood, and she hadn't read on her own from the Book of Mormon, but there was a switch that seemed to go off-she read quite a few chapters on her own, and she was able to completely voice her understanding.  We're hoping with the understanding, that she'll be able to progress.  She faithfully comes to church and has a lot of desire, we're praying and hoping for her.
  
I had a neat realization the other day as I was studying about prayer-I was just studying and opened up to Moroni 7-the charity scriptures.  As I read verse 48 I read it with a slightly different light, and I'm grateful for what I learned.  I always thought this verse was saying that we need to pray specifically for charity, and I'm not saying it still doesn't mean that, but I feel like it also means that as we pray for others, with all the energy of heart-then we are filled with love and charity for them.  I feel like that really is true, as I think about the times that I sincerely and whole-heartedly pray for our members, our investigators, and others-I always finish feeling like my heart is filled with love for them-a love that is indescribable.  It sounds so little and insignificant, putting it into words, but I guess I was just filled with a greater understanding.  Then as Sis. Tolman and I talked about it-we also came to the conclusion that without love, we can't really receive revelation for others.  Will you make an effort to have more meaningful prayers?    
I know I probably say it often-but I love this work-so much!  I never would have been able to imagine the things I've felt or experienced while serving-I know I have much to learn, but I feel so grateful for this gospel!  I know it's true!  I know this is Christ's church and that He is the head of it!  We are so blessed!

I love you all!  I hope you have a wonderful week!

Love you!

Metz sirov, 

Sis. Broadbent

No comments:

Post a Comment