Monday, September 3, 2012

Mary's Mission Letter Sept 3, 2012


Բարև ձեզ իմ սիրելիներ (Hello my beloved)
It sounds like you had a good week! I still can't believe the kids have started school-they started here today and it's still so bizarre-it feels like we just started the summer and yet it's gone! Strange.  I'm glad Dad has more feeling in his hand!  Oh Steve and Julie! I was just thinking about them this last week-I was thinking about how they are in the same place in their mission as Pres. and Sis. Carter are-so they are experiencing how strange it may be to be out longer than anyone else in the mission.  According to Pres. Carter, it's pretty nice because they have a lot of insights on things that are beginning to happen again in the mission, that they've experienced before, so they have a better view on what needs to be done for the mission.  Steve and Julie are wonderful! Send them my love!  I'm also glad your birthday was good Mom-you deserve it!  Did you go the Brigham Temple open house?  And will you be going to the dedication?
Վայ այս շաբատվա վերջը շատ լավ էր: Կպատմեմ: (Wow-the end of the week was so great! I'll tell...)

Anik was baptized! And it was wonderful! I wish I could describe it all to you, but I'm not sure it'd be so great and it just wouldn't do it justice! The spirit was so strong and she was so happy! Most of the pictures are from that-there's the one of just us before the baptism, the one with us, Anik's daughter in law-Mary and her two granddaughters, and then our branch president.  Then there's the one after the baptism with Pres. and Sis. Carter.
  Mary told us the coolest thing as we were waiting for Anik to change.  She told us she loved the feeling that was inside of the church-she said that she felt like she was out of the world and said she had never felt like that.  Awesome!  Anik also told us she felt amazing as soon as she went into the water-she couldn't put it into words (and as we all know, it is hard to put feelings of the Holy Ghost into words, so it was completely understandable) she was so happy!
I don't remember if I've told you about Gianne, but she's the woman in the other picture with her family (her 2 kids and mom).

 She and her kids came to church again this week.  As we met with her and talked more about the Restoration of the Gospel, we were talking about the need to pray to find out-how we need to ask specifically if we want to find out.  She proceeded to testify to us about how she already knows the church and Book of Mormon are true and that Joseph Smith was a prophet.  As she testified, she told us how she came to know-the Spirit was so strong and I felt the conviction of her words.  She is enveloped in the Book of Mormon-she loves reading it and already describes how she feels a difference when she doesn't read it.  I don't know what we've done to be blessed with someone who is so prepared, but I am so grateful that the Lord is placing people in our path who are prepared to act on the message we share.  She is amazing!  I'm excited to see her become more involved in the gospel-there will be some things to over come, but she is so prepared.
The last picture is of a little boy that is in our branch-he's a doll, a little mischeif maker, but he holds a special place in my heart.
I don't really know what else to say-I feel like my thoughts are really scattered today-but this last week, I was reading a few different talks from conference and there's a couple of quotes I want to share.  "The purpose of both temporal and spiritual self-reliance is to get ourselves on higher ground so that we can lift others in need." I just love this, because it reminded me of how if we are going to help others come to Christ, we have to be near Christ ourselves.  How is your relationship with our Savior?  "...When God speaks and a man obeys, that man will always be right."  and "As you and I walk the pathway Jesus walked....we will come to know Him as the Son of God, our Savior and our Redeemer."  
I am amazed at all the blessings that come into our lives because of the the path that we walk.  I pray we may always walk on His path so we can not only secure our own blessings, but also help bring blessings into the lives of others.
I love you!
Շատ եմ սիրում ձեզ:(I love you)
Հույսով եմ որ այս մյուս շաբատ լավ կլինի:(I hope that this will be another good Sunday)

մեծ սիրով (great pleasure)

Քույր Բրադբենթ (Sister Broadbent)

No comments:

Post a Comment