Monday, September 24, 2012

Mary's Letter for Sept 24 2012

Բարև ընտանիքս (hello family)

Wow!  It seems you have had a weekend of temple wonderfulness!  That is fantastic that so many youth went with you and then that you were able to go the dedication.  So neat!  I am so excited for Brian and Becky!  They look so happy and their little boy looks adorable!  And how great that you skyped with Kris, Marinda, and Camryn!  What a great connection the internet brings us! 
The temple has got to be the thing I miss the most!  I know it'll be there when I get back, I just miss the peace of being in the Lord's house.  We are so blessed! Especially to have over 100 hundred temples on the earth.  Sis. Tolman and I were just talking about the temple yesterday, and how we feel we should make that more of a focus in our church meetings.  I feel like there, it gets mentioned much more, but here, we don't talk about the temple so much-it's usually an occasional Sunday when we talk about it, whether in passing or as a lesson.  But really, the temple is our ultimate goal-and just being worthy of always having that recommend in our hands-while I feel like we understand that without the ordinances that take place in the temple, we know that we can't reach our ultimate goal to live with our families and our Heavenly Father again, but here, I'm not so sure our members understand that.  It's something we're trying to work on.  To always keep the temple as our goal.  We are so blessed.
I don't really have much to say this week-It's still been really warm-and we've heard it will probably continue until the middle of October.  We'll just keep going with it. We've had a fun time trying to get meetings this week because everyone is gathering grapes.  Really, everyone-almost every contact or member we call is out working in the fields from dawn to dusk-I know it's hard labor for them, but for a lot of them it's probably the last work they'll have until next summer, so I'm trying to be patient with it.  
We've talked a lot about church this last week-why we go, what does it do for us-those kinds of things.  And how we need to prepare for it if we are going to have an experience that will do us more good than just going and sitting.  Will you make an effort to really prepare yourself for church this next week?  I read somewhere in PMG that no Sunday will ever be boring if we have prepared for it and if we are really going to learn.  I know the Spirit will teach us what we need if we are open and prepared to listen.
I don't have much to say this week-we have a baptism planned for Saturday-Gayannae-I'll tell you about it next week.  We also have zone conference this week, so I'll tell you about that too.
I love you family!  I hope you have a great week this next week-that school and work will go well!
Մեծ սիրով (literally big love she probably means lots of love)
Քուր Բրադբենթ (Sister Broadbent)

No comments:

Post a Comment