Monday, October 29, 2012

Mary's mission Oct 29, 2012

Barev Family!
Snow!!!?? Yay! Everyone here keeps telling us to dress warmly so we don't freeze-and yes there are times when it is cold, but so far it hasn't been that cold-I haven't noticed frost on anything and we definitely haven't had any snow.  I always ask about when it will snow (since you all know how I love the snow) and everyone always tells me different things-I guess we'll see when it comes.  It sounds like you had a pretty good week-I'm so excited for all those who are preparing for their missions!  What a great thing! I can't wait to find out where they will all be going! Speaking of the Brandleys-doesn't Phillip get home pretty soon?  Are they ready for him?  Thanks for sending on the pictures-Camryn is getting so big! Wow! 
I love how the Lord always answers our prayers-sometimes in different ways and at different times, but He always does.  As I prayed about the way I was feeling last week and searched for a way to change the way I felt, I had several things that answered my prayers.  First-We had a meeting on Tuesday with all missionaries, one of the area counselors, Elder Snow from the 70 (that just got assigned to church history stuff) and then a few other church historian people-as I listened, I was reminded of a few things.  I have to diligently go forward and trust in the Lord, even if means putting my heart outside of myself putting myself in a position that may not be so comfortable.  (Necessary, since there's no comfort in the growth zone and no growth in the comfort zone-and growth is what I want and what the Lord expects).  We are serving the Lord.  I am serving the Lord.  I am not here for my sake-I am here to help the Lord's work to go forward and to share this crucial message with these people-so the way I feel is not the most important thing.  It was a good reminder of who I am as the Lord's servant.  Second-a meeting with a young woman (Sasma) that we met a couple of weeks ago on the street.  She looked like an American Punk; dressed in black, died hair, an angry face, and sending off a negative vibe.  What a blessing that Sister Beal looked beyond that and had a good conversation with her.  After trying to call her phone, that didn't work, we put her out of our minds.  Then we saw her again and she gave us her address. As we met with her and got to know a bit of her sweet spirit, I was chastised by the Lord for judging her so quickly and not even giving her a chance.  Who am I to judge?  We are all children of our Heavenly Father, no matter how we look or the vibe we seem to send off.  Third-just yesterday as we were sitting in a marshutni, this man kept looking at us and it was rather uncomfortable.  As he glanced back at us for the fourth or fifth time, I was just not thinking the nicest things about him.  In that instant, I was again chastised for forgetting that that man, just as I am, is a child of Heavenly Father and has the potential to become like Him.  As I sat and thought about his potential, I began to pray to see him in a better way and began praying for him, if only that he could have a good rest of the day, and to have his heart prepared for a time when he can accept the gospel.  Then this morning as I was reading from Jacob 2 I came across this in verse 7 "Think about your brethren like unto yourselves and be familiar with all and free with your substances that they may be rick like unto you"  I was just thinking about how truly rich we are to have the gospel and how I need to be better at treating others as I would want to be treated, better at gaining their hearts and confidence (vs 35) so that I can share with them the treasure that we have.  I love how the Lord teaches us, especially as we seek it.  It is truly a miracle and a blessing to be apart of this work.
One other thing, the last couple of times we have taught Anna, I've been reminded of Lehi when he has his vision, partakes of the fruit, and desires to share it, because Anna has so much desire to share the gospel with her children, to help them come to understand and feel what she is feeling.  It's so neat to feel that desire within her.
I don't have much else to tell this week-just working, walking, and doing all we can. Be sure to let the ward know I am thankful for them and give hugs all around.  I am so grateful for your prayers, your support, and your love.

Love you all!

Metz sirov

Qyur Broadbent


Oh and Mom-I already got my Christmas package-according to our office Elder it made it in record time-they don't usually arrive that fast-Thank you for everything! I'll try to be patient and not open any of them :)  Love you!


Note From Laurie - Wow!!  Cannot believe the package even got there let alone so quickly!!  And Mary's 9 month mark is Thursday!!  Time is flying!!

No comments:

Post a Comment