Monday, February 11, 2013

Mary's Mission Feb 11, 2013

Barev family jan! 

Thank you for the birthday wishes! Our new senior couple will be here on Wednesday, so it should be the best birthday ever, as we get to help them get comfortable! So fun! Pres. and Sis. Carter will be in Turkey for a mission presidents seminar, so Sister Carter called and gave some things she would like us to do to help them get comfortable and trained-a couple of hours later she called back with some clarification stuff and then said she realized it would be my birthday so she asked if it'd be ok that we do all of that on my birthday. Of course! I don't think there could be a better thing to do than to serve!  We're all pretty excited to have them come; it should be great! 

We had a pretty good week-Sister Nelsen got a bit sick, despite my objections, she insisted that we keep going-she is such a trooper for sure! Just wonderful! She also spoke in sacrament meeting and did a wonderful job! Just fantastic! I couldn't be prouder! As I sat and listened I just couldn't take the smile off of my face-I felt like a proud parent watching their child walk for the first time-just so good! I think my favorite thing is that as she makes progress I just find so much joy in it! And then when it's hard for her and she struggles, it's hard for me; it's painful seeing her struggle and despite that I often don't know what to do to help, I also know that it's through the struggle that we learn so much more.  No wonder this life of trials and experiences is so necessary for us to become like our Heavenly Father!  Plus those experiences often help us to appreciate everything else so much more!

el inch asem? It seems every time I sit down to write, I just don't know what to say! I was studying from JSH this last week and was thinking about as Joseph begins to pray, he faces oppostion, and right when he is about to give in to the darkness and despair, the light breaks.  I feel this is a reoccuring thing in our lives. Always a test of faith.  And our faith is like that-we hold on, despite the darkness and despair until the very end, until we feel like we can no longer keep going (often even beyond that point) and then right at that point our Father saves us with His light and power.  Truly, the Lord is so aware of us and of the things that we need.  He answers our sincere and faith filled prayers!  We had a few experiences this week as we would pray about our investigators and the Lord helped us know what to do.  It is also always wonderful to say my personal prayers, to truly commune with the Lord and to give Him time to speak to me about the things that I need to do.  If we listen, He will always speak to us.  Perhaps in different ways, but always, especially as we seek to be worthy of the Spirit.  I know God is our Heavenly Father-He is the literal father of our spirits, He knows us, our circumstances, our names, our needs, our wants, and our hearts.  He wants us to come to know Him, to become like Him and He is constantly extending His arm to us, if we will but reach up and take hold.  What will it take for us to accept the invitation He extends?   

I love you family! You are the best!  I hope you have a fantastic week, a fun filled Valentine's day and that all goes well! I am constantly praying for you! I love you!

Metz sirov, 
Quyr Broadbent

No comments:

Post a Comment