Monday, February 18, 2013

Mary's Mission Feb 18, 2013


Barev im untaniq jan!

It was good to hear that things are going well-and nice to know that the surgery went well.  I was praying it would.  To be honest I don't know what to say today.  I'm hoping a little inspiration will come as I write.  It has been so delightful to welcome the Haglunds and to feel their joy and enthusiasm for the Work.  They are wonderful examples and I am so excited to work with them and get to know them more.  They have already been a wonderful addition to our meetings and they have such an uplifting spirit with them.  It's been kind of fun, too, to see Sister Nelsen step up and try to help them feel comfortable, especially since she, as well as Elder Wood, understand and remember so much better than the rest of us do what it's like to be new, surrounded by new unfamiliar things.Our week went well-we were busy with helping our new senior couple adjust.  The Haglunds-they're from New York, have 6 kids, 5 grandkids, and have a lot of enthusiasm for the work.  They are so determined to learn the language and it's fun to see them put forth their best foot.  We've been able to take them to many of our meetings and they bring such a wonderful spirit with them.  It's been hard to not compare them to the Griffiths-I constantly have to remind myself that they are different people and have different strengths.  They've brought a lot of energy with them and are so excited to be a part of the work.  Truly, nothing is better than being a missionary.

We met a new family this week-the mom is convinced that she knows Sis. Nelsen from Russia; she just loves her.  And while we know that they don't know each other from Russia, we feel that they definitely new each other in heaven-I imagine they were likely very good friends :)  We haven't had many meetings with them, but each time we go it is just heartbreaking to hear the grandmother talk about her dead son and how his death has taken away her faith in God.  The spirit was so strong as we shared a little about the Plan of Salvation, and while she kept saying she couldn't believe it, we could tell the entire family was feeling something.  We're not exactly sure where to go from here, but the Gospel is what they need; as each of us know, there is no peace comparable to the peace that comes from knowing the truths of the Gospel, and no hope comparable to the hope that we find in our Savior.

We've decided, in an effort to be more optimistic, that everytime we have a negative or bad thought about a situation, a person, or something, that we are going to combat it by finding at least 4 positive things.  Will you all do that too?  We constantly read about how the lamanite and nephites always forget the Lord and the goodness He has given them.  I find that I am the same-that while we may have had a wonderful day, by the next day I already forget all the miracles that the Lord performed.  I feel this will help us remember the Lord's hand and mercy in our lives.

I love you family! I am constantly praying for you! And I know that the Lord is truly watching over you! I hope your week goes fantasticly!  Thank you for your prayers, faith, and support! You are truly the best!

Metz sirov,

Quyr Broadbent

"It is so important for us to be on the Lord's side.  But we should never forget that the Lord is also on our side." -Bruce C. Hafen-


I forgot to say, we watched the Restoration film in english the other day and I just have to say, I don't think it is as good as the Armenian.  Maybe I'm partial to the Armenian, but I feel like you are all missing out because only watch the english version.  It just made me laugh that I felt that way, that the Armenian translation is just so good and sounds so much better :)

I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment