Monday, February 25, 2013

Mary's Mission Feb 25 2013 - Armenian Dreams

Barev marev Family jan!


We had a pretty fantastic week-I don't know what else to say.  President and Sister Carter were here at the beginning of the week and it was so good to be with them-I love them so much!  They are both so kind to me! I don't know how I was so blessed to be sent here, but I am so grateful! (speaking of the mission president-we heard the new one has been called to come here-Pres. and Sis. Carlson from Price-way good)  I feel like the Lord blessed us with lots of neat experiences this week.  We are teaching a woman that has committed to be baptized, but then the last couple of weeks she refused to let us come over and kept saying that she doesn't want it anymore (Satan sure knows how to get to people).  We both felt we just needed to go again, and talk with her about the path that Christ has shown for us to follow.  Near the end of our meeting, she began to tell about a dream she had about seeing paradise.  (Armenians have more dreams that have significance of some kind than anyone I know and they always love to tell us about them.)  After she had finished telling about that dream, I was praying to know how to direct it back to the lesson or to apply that to the lesson when she began into another dream (I just have to say-I'm not sure exactly what it is, but when people tell stories and talk about dreams, it is much harder to understand and takes a ton more effort).  As she started into the second dream, I just kept thinking "how long do we let her keep going?" I kept feeling to just be a little patient.  And then she proceeded to say that in her dream she was sick and had gone to a hospital of sorts, but a hospital that she wasn't familiar with.  The doorway was narrow and there was only one very narrow hallway, lined with doors, that led to a room where a person was sitting.  She walked down the hallway, told the person that she needed to come in and the person asked for her name and then proceeded to search for her name in the book.  After searching the person said that she name wasn't there so she couldn't go in.  She asked them to look again, repeated her name and waited.  Again, the person said she couldn't find her name and told her she needed to leave and come back another time when her name was written in the book.  Goodness! The Lord is so good to us! Just writing about this is giving me the chills! As our investigator finished telling this, I felt so strongly that she needed to know that without baptism by the proper authority, into Christ's church, that her name would never be written in that book; that it will never be written in the records of heaven.  I'm not sure how to describe the moment that the two of us shared, as I testified again about the importance of the gospel and baptism.  Truly incredible! I feel so humbled to be here, to be serving for our Father, and to be bearing the name of Jesus Christ.  Wow! Being a missionary is truly the best!  I don't think I could have ever dreamed just how wonderful it is! Despite that perhaps things don't always work out how we have planned, I know that the Lord knows what He is doing and that if we trust Him and follow Him then all will be right.  He is always with us and loves us SO much!  I just can't describe all of the many times I have felt His love, not only for me, but for these people I am serving with! 

I love you family! Thank you for all you do! 

Metz sirov

Quyr Broadbent

No comments:

Post a Comment