Monday, March 18, 2013

Mary's Mission 18 March 2013

Hello my dear Family jan!

It sounds like your week was good! I am so glad!  I am always happy to hear that things are going well!  I constantly pray for your well being!  I am super excited that general conference will be here so soon! It is always a blessing to hear the words of our beloved prophet and apostles-we are so blessed!  In the last week we went from coat weather, to t-shirt weather, to rain jacket weather, and then we woke up to snow and we were right back where we started!  You'd think with this crazy weather that we were in Utah or something :)  I am constantly amazed at how similar the two are-not to mention that I feel that Armenia is my home so I often forget that I'm not really there with all of you!  

We have had a miracle!  I know we always have miracles, this one just feels extra large.  About halfway through the week, Mariam called and told us that she had a lot of business to take care of in her village and that Saturday wouldn't work for the baptism.  After a lot of prayer, study, talking with our leaders, and fasting, we had a meeting with her and one of our fantastic members.  We talked a lot about baptism and receiving the Holy Ghost and the blessings that would bring into her life, after talking with her, with the help of the Spirit, she excitedly agreed to be baptized on Saturday.  Saturday came, and early on in the day, she called us, saying that she wouldn't be able to be back until really late because of the bus schedule and asked if we could reschedule.  After talking with her, we were able to come up with a solution that helped her to get to Vanadzor in a time.  When we saw her, she was so happy and anxious to be baptized.  The baptismal service was beautiful!  The baptism absolutely picture perfect.  Vrezh also came and he felt the power of the spirit as he witnessed the baptism of his mom.  As we went into the other room so she could change, she expressed how warm she felt and how full her heart was.  The confirmation was also beautiful! I don't think I have ever been so happy to see someone baptized, maybe because we've been trying so hard to help her prepare and because we've had to keep pushing it back.  I feel so blessed to have been a part of it, however small my part was.  I am constantly amazed by the way the Lord works and by the blessings He constantly pours upon us!



The family we are working with and helping the grandma to learn to walk again, weren't able to come to church.  One of the daughters came, but none of the others did.  We feel that if no one comes this next week then perhaps the Lord needs some more time to work with them, to prepare them to accept the gospel.  It breaks my heart to think of them not coming because I can already see the blessings of the gospel working in their hearts and they need it so badly.  I love them.  I wish you could see the way the grandma looks at Sister Nelsen, any time she talks or any time they greet or say goodbye, she looks at her as if she were an angel-which of course she is!  It is an immense blessing to be with such a wonderful Sister, who is seeking to be the Lord's hands and who is teaching me so much! 
As I read from Elder Bednar's talk about testimony and conversion I could see where some of those we are teaching have a testimony, no matter how small, but that testimony has not yet been enough to help them become converted, there's something more we must do to help them on that path.  Not to mention how there is so much more for each of us to do to remain converted-through patience and perserverance.  The Lord expects us and wants us to remain true!  

I love you all!  I hope you have a fantastic and safe week! Enjoy the beginnings of spring! It has been so much fun to see bulbs start to come up! We are SO BLESSED!  

Love you!

Metz sirov

Quyr Broadbent


"Knowing that the gospel is true is the essence of a testimony. Consistently being true to the gospel is the essence of conversion." ~Elder Bednar~ 

Just a couple of pictures from the baptism and us with an armenian fireplace that we found and gave to Elder Haglund (he LOVES them and wants to take one home)


No comments:

Post a Comment