Monday, March 25, 2013

Mary's Mission March 25 2013

(for those who know the Felix Family - that is who Mary is referring to, not Felix and Family)


Barez my dear family!!!

Thank you so much for your love, prayers, support, and concern.  I couldn't ask for a better family and I truly feel your strength!  THANK YOU!  That is so exciting for Felix and his family!  There is no better thing in the world than hearing about people progressing in the gospel, especially when a family is sealed.  That sealing is so much more precious, especially when we experience death-my condolences to the families of those two wonderful women.

With that in mind, I'm not sure if you've heard already, maybe gotten a picture from Pres. and Sis. Carter or something, but I'm training again.  AAAAHHHHH!!!!  I found out Wednesday morning and then we were put together on Thursday, in a new area.  I've been moved to the big city (and all this time I was hoping to stay out of it.... :) all part of our Father's plan, right?).  We're white washing an area called Ajapnyak.  If I'm honest, and I will be, I was super terrified.  Not so much of training, since I've already learned I can make it work with the Lord's help, despite my own inadequacies and shortcomings, rather terrified of being put in the city (it's just so BIG) and being put into an area that I nor my companion knows.  I guess it's like we always talk about, there is no comfort in the growth zone and no growth in the comfort zone.  I know, hastat, that our Heavenly Father knows our needs, He knows the experiences we need to have and He knows how to shape us through those experiences; we will become all He wants (all we hope and more) if we will only trust Him and rely on Him.  That may be easier said than done, but I know that's how it is.  He loves us, always.  My new companion is Sister Ledingham, she's the middle of 3 kids and is from Provo.  She has a ton of drive and is so great already.  I'm positive, that like it was with Sister Nelsen, I won't be training her, she'll be training me.  I know I've said it before and I'll say it again, we have the best missionaries in the world. 

That being said, I guess we're in for a big adventure here.  There is so much work to do! This branch is currently most active and is set up and running the most the way a ward should be.  There is also a group that they just started within the branch that is for English speakers, we surprisingly have a good twenty people already, from India, Philipinnes (?), Mexico and other places-isn't it AMAZING how the Lord leads His children to where they will find and accept the Gospel?! THIS IS HIS WORK!! eli  

I was pretty excited to hear how in Sunday school the youth are learning about the Atonement, especially because as I was thinking about the coming week and Easter, I couldn't help but think that there would be no better topic of study.  Will you all study it individually?  And since as our knowledge of the Atonement grows, we naturally want to share it, will you pray about with whom you can share it some of what you've learned?

I love you!!  You are the BEST!!  I hope you have a great week and a wonderful Easter!

Metz Sirov,

Quyr Broadbent

No comments:

Post a Comment