Monday, June 17, 2013

Mary's Mission 17 JUne 2013

This is such a wonderful letter that I had to get it sent off before I headed to girls camp.

Hope you all have a wonderful week!!


Hello Family jan!

We have great news in Armenia.  We had the priviledge of having Elder Russel M. Nelson come to the very first STAKE conference in Armenia.  We've been working to have a stake formed, and yesterday, during our district conference, we sustained our first Stake Presidency, as well as the first 5 bishops and our first patriarch.  Wow.  I can't begin to express the joy that is in my heart and I am positive my joy is so little compared to many others.  I feel so blessed to be here at such a time and to be a part of the Lord's work.  I know this is truly His.  And His work is ever hastening onward all throughout the world.  Wow. 
I feel that our week went well all around and ended on such a wonderful note! I'm nope sure I've ever been happier, for a number of reasons.  After the announcement of the stake and then seeing so many people that I love-both missionaries and members, and being in the presence of one of His special witnesses, I can't help but think about the great blessings the Lord has poured out upon us.  Sister Ledingham made a good comment yesterday, she said "I think this is what heaven may be like." I didn't even have to think for a moment before I agreed-and the thought of being able to spend eternity with all of these people that I love brings me so much peace and joy! How great will be our reunion on the other side of the veil? Wow.  I think one of my favorite parts of the conference was Sister Carter's testimony-she started our with a translator, and then the last few minutes she did in Armenian.  I love her so much!  As she testified I felt so strongly her love for the gospel, for our Savior, for each of us missionaries, and for these Armenian people.  I am sure going to miss the Carters.  I'm positive the Carlsons will be great, but the Carters are such special people and they will always hold a very special place in my heart.
We had the special opportunity to meet with Elder and Sister Nelson as well as our area president, President and Sister Malm (?) as a mission (including all of our Georgian missionaries).  It was amazing.  Sister Nelson talked a little bit about the administering of angels and how all those who have gone before and those who will come are angels administering to us.  She also talked about how we can ask to have angels with us.  So neat.  And Elder Nelson-I love him.  We just had a good question and answer time and learned from him and then he testified and promised us blessings.  So neat!
We have experienced a miracle with our investigator Anahit, we've been struggling to get her to read the Book of Mormon, for a variety of reasons, and in our last meeting at the church, our member ran into the other room and brought a children's Book of Mormon.  I have never seen so much excitement; Anahit readily agreed to read, and her heart has been more open and soft towards us.  During that same meeting, as we started, I was just frustrated, I kept feeling I just needed to love her and I silently began praying to feel a portion of our Heavenly Father's love for her.  As I opened my mouth to testify, my heart was filled with love, just indescribable love for her.  Heavenly Father really does hear and answer our prayers and He loves each of us so much! 
I hope camp goes well and that you all have a great week! Stay safe! I can't wait to hear where Josh will be going-who knows maybe he'll come here :) (I can hope right?) or perhaps here, but he'll be in Georgia :)  Wherever it is, I know it is where the Lord wants him.
I love you all! Thank you for your prayers and sacrifice for me to be here! Elder Nelson also said to thank you and said that you are being blessed for it.  
Have a wonderful week! I love you!
Metz sirov, 
Quyr Broadbent

No comments:

Post a Comment