Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Josh's Mission Feb 17, 2014

Iokwe Baamle!!!
What a crazy but very good week. It was kind of slow and first. So Elder Tappen left sunday night and I stayed with the marshallese elder till transferson thursday and the then got my new comp, Elder Kay.
Elder Kay is awesome!! I love him already! He is super funny and works really hard. he's been out almost 8 months. He's from Mona UT. and is really a great missionary! I'm way excited to serve with him and it's going to be a great transfer. He also served with Elder tappen and my zone leader. and two sisters that are in our district.
We haven't seen Mary yet this week. I wasn't in my area until thrusday night. but we will see her in the next couple days. Also we are still teaching Pierre, the preacher, but we haven't been able to see him either. He's not home very much.
We set a baptism date with an investigator yesterday though. Kanomi, he's marshallese. We've been working with him for awhile now, he knows that everything is true and he really wants to be baptized. His whole family are members, but he lives with his girlfriend, but they are planning on getting married. and He needs a job, so we are going to help him to do that, so that he can be baptized on the 29th of march.
I just got to say, I really love the scriptures and going to church. I wish that everybody understood how important doing those simple things are. I really liked the lesson that we had yesterday in Priesthood. we talked about the importance of families and how they are central to the gospel and Heavenly father's plan. I just have to say, I love you all so much and I am so grateful that I have such a wonderful family. I tell almost everybody how much I love my family and how families are so important. I also love the scriptures so much! I was reading today in D&C 12 and verse 6 really stuck out to me. I've been thinking for a while what more I need to do and what Heavenly Father needs and wants me to do. and I specifically asked this morning what I need to be doing more and it just really hit me, I had been asking and I definitely think that I needed to read that verse  "Now, as you have asked, behold, I say unto you, keep my commandments, and seek to bring forth and establish the cause of Zion." i know that heavenly father answers our prayers. I also really like the next couple of sections where it talks about the most important work that we can be doing is to preach the gospel. I was also thinking about a quote from Pres utchdorf "at all times preach the gospel, and sometimes use words." what are some ways that we do that??
that's really great to hear about Briant and Tiffany! and way to go Beth!!! that's awesome!! you have to tell me all about it!
i love you family!! so much! the Lord has truly blessed us so much! sometimes those blessings are hard to see but they are there. thank you so much for your prayers, love and support.
Ej iokwe kom
Elder Broadbent
PS is there an elder broadbent and sister broadbent that are going to be serving in brazil sao paulo south mission?? I heard that there was. any realations to us??



No comments:

Post a Comment