Monday, April 21, 2014

Josh's Mission April 21, 2014

iokwe baamle!!!
What a great week! full of miracles, blessings, and it went by way too fast! We had Interviews this past wednesday with president and sister jensen. We had a great baptism service for Cindy. and a wonderful easter!
I really love president and sister jensen! they are both so great and I am so glad that I can serve with them. Interviews were great. President told me that E Underwood will most likely be leaving this next transfer. He's been in Knoxville for 10 months. But either way, it will be great. I feel like I am just starting to get to know the people here, and I feel like there is so much work to do here. So I hope that I can stay. the people here are so great! we have a great branch here! they are all so loving!
This week we went around sharing with everyone the easter message! I love easter so much! It's just such a great time to refocus and center your life on Christ. I truly do know that Christ Lives!! There is a wonderful video on mormonchannel.org, it's one of the newer ones, I think that it is called "because of Him" it is so awesome!! It talks about everything that is possible because of Christ. I know that through Him all things are possible. It always amazes me how much Christ loves me. He sacrificed everything for us, and the best part is that he is still there for us. He knows what we go through. He know the suffering that we have to go through every day. and He knows the only way that we can be truly happy is by following Heavenly father's plan for us.
I was thinking about the resurrection earlier this week and I had a thought: the resurrection isn't the end of Christ's atonement. Christ's atonement is infinite and eternal. The resurrection was the final act of the atonement. it completed it. Christ lives! I know that He does.
We also had a great baptism for Cindy Snook yesterday! it was so awesome!! SO just to tell you about her story a little bit. E Underwood and his trainer had been tracting in her apartment. when they were about to leave E Underwood said that he felt like there was someone that they needed to talk to. So they went upstairs, knocked on her door. when she answered, she told them that she had been praying that they would come back. Apparently, Cindy had been taught something like 14 years ago. She had almost been baptised, but had been pushed too hard and anti-ed by some friends. They started to teach her again and has progressed very well. She was so prepared for it this time. the really great part is that her dad and her step mom are both converts and have been such a great support to her. Her dad was able to come down from Chicago area, with her step mom, to baptise her. it was such a wonderful service! the spirit was so strong the whole time. Cindy was glowing, her dad was beaming, it was just so great!
it was such a great blessing to be a part of her story. and then Next saturday we have another baptism, for Mandy. Her story is almost and in some respects just as amazing. But I'll tell that next week.
I know that this is the Lord's work! and I know that He is truly hastening His work.
thank you all so much for you love, support, and prayers!!
ij iokwe eok!!
Elder Broadbent
PS
 Couple of pics :Cindy, her dad, E Underwood and me, and E Underwood and I


No comments:

Post a Comment