Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Josh's Mission March 31 2014

Iokwe Baamle!!

So even though I am no longer in Dubuque I am still going to try and learn Marshallese. I don't know if anyone remembers, but back when I sent in my papers I said that I didn't care if I went state side, or even if I didn't learn another language, as long as I learned one in the field (bad stipulation, Heavenly father does have a sense of humor) so I am going to learn Marshallese.

So, I am in good old Knoxville IA. It's way down south of Des Moines, so basically on the other side of the mission. I am serving in the Knoxville branch with Elder Underwood. He is from Washington, but originally from Germany. He is probably knows more about anything, than anyone I know. He is way smart, especially about the gospel. He is actually a visa waiter of about 11 months, so I kind of think that he is going to get it soon. but something kind of crazy is that Knoxville is his 1st area, so I definitely think that we are only going to be together for this 1 transfer. He is really great though and I am way excited to get to know him better.

We have a really great district here as well. the ZL's are in our district and then 1 other set of elders, so relatively small district. and everyone is at least 30 min away from each other, so that's way different from my last area where everyone was with in the same city.

We have a  really great small little branch. Our whole building is probably about the size of the Gym and chapel back in Ogden. so really small. I don't know an exact number but we probably only had maybe 50 people there yesterday. they are all really great though!!! testimony meeting was so awesome and the spirit was super strong!!! they have a great love of the gospel and of each other, so we are working with them to expand that to everyone they know.

We have a good area too. we are working with 2 people that have bap dates for this next month. Cindy, her date is the 19th of april, is really awesome!! she has been an investigator for more than like 10 years, but has finally decided that she is ready. and our other one is Mandy, she is so awesome, she has such a strong testimony!!!! if I didn't know her I would have guessed that she was a member.

I love you all so much and thank you so much for everything!!!! I know that our savior lives!!!! and that he loves us!! I know that because I know that the Book of Mormon is true!! I know the Heavenly Father really does want to hear from us and that he knows what is best for us and as we follow his words and the words of the prophets, we will be blessed.

Thank you so much for your love, prayers and support!!
ij iokwe eok!!!
Elder Broadbent

No comments:

Post a Comment