Monday, July 7, 2014

Josh's Mission July 7, 2014

iokwe Baamle!


I've been trying this last transfer to work more on my patience, and I'll tell you what, I've realized more and I definitely know that when you ask for something, Heavenly Father will sure give you every opportunity to prove yourself to him. I've realized there are so many things that try my patience that I never realized before. Things; that I do, that my companions do, that other people do, that really do not matter at all. It's way more important to just let the hard things go, give it all to the Lord and focus on the good things He has blessed you with and then give those to Him as well. I've realized that it really is His will and not mine at all, that needs to be done.

I've also been trying to focus more on what I am actually saying to people. As a mission, our president challenged us to stop saying the words that we use to replace swear words (think about all the ones that we use), find replacement words, and also I've been trying to realize more how my words effect people around me.

We had a really great! We were blessed yesterday with an awesome new investigator! Her name is Taika, she's 17,and dating a kid in our branch. He's never really push religion on her, but a few days ago they started talking, and she asked a ton of questions. so we went over there and helped her to find her answers. and she really wants to be baptized, but she told us that it would probably have to be after she turns 18 (in april) because her parents wouldn't support her. But the Lord softens hearts :)

We also had a great meeting with our mission president, and he talked about a letter that was sent from the church talking about a change in missionary work. I don't know if you have gotten it yet but it talks about how the missionaries need to work more with the recent converts in the area, and the need to help them to have a support in the church. One thing that I really like that President said is that he is grateful that he's trusted the missionaries with this responsibility, because it is such a blessing to work for the Lord. I've been realizing more and more that the responsibility that we have as members of Christ's church is so much greater than we realize. Christ has provided the only way back to Heavenly father and living with our families forever, Baptism. With out baptism we can't progress in the Plan of Salvation, which is only made possible because of Christ's atonement. I am so grateful that we have this amazing gospel and the great privilege it is to be a member of the restored church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and to share it with our brothers and sisters.

I also really liked the First presidency message in the Ensign this month. I love how elder Eyring talked about the spirit of Elisha. something that I never realized is that the promise that the Children’s hearts would turn to their fathers, and fathers’ hearts would turn to their children includes the living as well as the deceased.... image that :) I realized that the example that we are to others is included in that as well. When we are good examples to those around us, they see it and want to be a part of the good they see and feel, and that in turn benefits their whole family through out the ages.
I am so grateful for the wonderful family that the Lord has blessed us with! It is such a great blessing to be a part of the eternal family, that is possible because of our Savior. I love you! thank you so much for your prayers, love and support. :)

Kajoor ilo Christ
ij iokwe eok!!
Elder Broadbent

No comments:

Post a Comment