Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Josh's Mission May 11 2015

Hello Family! 

yeah, this might not be the longest letter either. 

it's was so wonderful to talk to and see everyone yesterday!! :) honestly, such a blessing!! :) like I said yesterday, I just am so grateful that Heavenly Father has allowed me to be in such a wonderful family, and to be in such a great part of His vineyard. 

it's so true that there is a special spirit here. and I think it's true that we can feel that more because the Lord has allowed me to serve here, but that's truly the blessing. I know that everywhere we are  we can feel of and see the vision that He has for that place. I think of the section in PMG where is talks about how the Lord has a reason for putting us where we are. He has suffered us to come to this place for a reason. Where ever we live, where ever we work, go to school or do anything, He needs us to be there. There are so many of our brothers and sisters all around us who need help, and we need help from so many people around us as well. We all need to be with Heavenly Father forever, we can't do it alone. although salvation is an individual process, exaltation is a family journey, and we are all a part of God's family.

that's something that I was really thinking about this week, especially as we went to the Nauvoo temple to do a session. it was such a wonderful time in the temple! it was great to be able to to help a brother progress along the path Heavenly Father has for him. I just felt so strong there, that we are all connected in some way. It was really amazing. elder Wardle saw people there that he knew from previous areas and there were actually a couple people from past areas I've been in as well. it was great! I know there was a reason for it. :) Heavenly Father knows us. He knows what we need and what we need to do to help others get what they need. :)

I think that the best thing that we can to help others is to invite them to come closer to Christ. all we can do is to try our best to explain the blessings that come from living the gospel and then invite them to try it out. I think with JR that he needs to know the why, what, how behind blessing the sacrament. I can imagine it's really scary for him, but maybe it's cause he really doesn't know what it's all about. it's true that it's a great responsibility to bless the sacrament, but it's a privileged and blessing and we learn so much from it. 

Well, I think that's it for this week. I love you all so much!! thank you for everything!! i know that Heavenly Father loves us and that he has blessed us so much! :) it's amazing. I know that everything happens for a reason. 
thank you for you love, support, and especially your prayers. 

ij iokwe eok!!
Je teaime beaucoup
Elder Broadbent

Oh and check out these dear that were right next to our car 
and the nauvoo temple.
and there was a crazy rain storm, the picture doesn't show very well, but there was so much water!
ij iokwe eok!!
Je teaime beaucoup
Elder Broadbent



No comments:

Post a Comment