Monday, July 23, 2012

Mary's mission letter July 23 2012

Happy Pioneer Day! We may not be celebrating it here-but I hope it's
good for all of you! We are so blessed to come from such a rich
heritage!
I am SO excited for Chance and Kylie!  That is SO great!!!  I was
thinking about Amy Ormond this week-I think she was supposed to have
had her baby-do you know if she has and if everything went well?

I'm betting the weather here is about how it is there-hot.  The
sisters up in gyumri and vanadzor say it's almost cold there-it's so
interesting how the weather differs, even in such a small place!  In
general people here just deal with the heat-they sweat, and we smell
them! Sometimes they'll use fans, but very rarely do they have air
conditioners.  I think if they had them, they wouldn't use them
because everyone thinks that if you are even slightly chilly you'll
get sick or hurt your heart.  It seems so bizarre to me, since we
always like it cool and we grew up just fine.  It's fun to compare the
difference in custom and belief though.

I don't really feel like I have a lot to tell this week.  It was
pretty normal.  Our investigator Anik is still doing well!  We were
worried last week after church, but when we met with her, she was
still as enthused as ever to come to church and she reads from the
Book of Mormon regularly-she always asks us her questions about what
she read and I love it!  Her family was all really sick yesterday,
they took her husband to the hospital, so she wasn't able to make it
to church.  But she's still doing so good!

We started a new mission plan this week-we're reading all of the Book
of Mormon, Preach My Gospel, and the White handbook in 60 days.  It's
been kind of neat, because as we're reading the Book of Mormon, we're
looking for Christ-I'm amazed at how the Book of Mormon really is all
about Christ!  I've also been amazed at all the different names He is
called-about 50 pages in and I've already found over 25 different
names for Christ!  Anywhere from Messiah, redeemer to the mighty one
of Israel or the God of Nature.  It's pretty amazing!  And I feel more
and more the power that comes from the Book of Mormon.  It truly is
Another Testament of Jesus Christ and helps us build our faith in Him
and become more like Him!

I was reading a talk from Pres. Monson the other day, here's just a
couple of thoughts,  "Divine favor will attend those who humbly seek
it." We need to learn what we should learn, do what we should do, be
what we should be.  By so doing, the blessings of heaven will attend."

I was also thinking about the time the Lord has given us to learn and
grow here.  What can we do to use the time His given us better?  I
remember hearing a quote from Pres. Monson saying that he wanted to
follow every prompting of the spirit so the Lord knows that He can
trust 'Tom Monson.' What do we need to do to show the Lord He can
trust us?

I love you all!  I hope and pray all is going well!  Have a good week!

Love you!

Metz sirov,

Sis. Broadbent

No comments:

Post a Comment