Monday, January 14, 2013

Cold in Armenia too!

Barev im sireliner!

From the sounds of your weather, it sounds like you were all in Armenia!  We had a big storm this last week-over night and through the day, we got over a foot of snow.  A couple of days later, the cold set in-I'm told it was about -20 c (about 0 f, if I've calculated right) and on top of that we had a bone chilling wind! Brr!  But it was a good week, all in all! Busy, as we continue to move forward the with Lord's Work.  

It is so exciting to hear about all the people getting mission calls and getting ready to leave! I am SO excited for Callee!  Hard to believe that she leaves so soon! Just this morning, Sis. Nelsen was talking about being at the Brigham Temple dedication, I remembered how you talked about it in your email-it just feels like yesterday! And yet, here we are, Callee getting all set to leave! So exciting! Will you send me her MTC and Mission Address?  

I don't feel like I have a lot to say today.  Tereza will be getting baptized Friday-she has come so far and is so excited for her baptism! As are we!  Yesterday at church, our Sunday School teacher wasn't there,  and I volunteered to teach the lesson.  At the end, I thought about the miracle of the gift of tongues.  6 months ago, I would never have been able to stand up and fluently teach a lesson, saying all that I wanted to say, how I wanted to say it.  I never pictured it coming! And yet it was just so comfortable-so natural.  Now I'm not sure I'll be able to teach in English....  Truly amazing though!  The Lord is just so good to us!

I am so grateful to be here, to be serving these people.  This morning as I was studying from Mark 8, I realized how true it is that as we lose ourselves, we truly find ourselves.  As I thought about 34-37 I thought about how if we give up ourselves in humility and submissiveness then we gain so much more.  It's in giving up ourselves and taking the Lord's yoke upon us that we truly find life, for we come to understand better the purpose of life and we come to learn of the things that truly matter.  I may not be able to say that I have given everything for the Lord quite yet, but I hope and pray that I am doing the things that will keep me on that path.

I love you all family! I am constantly praying for you! I hope this week goes well, and that it is at least a little warmer that last week!

Love you!

Metz Sirov,

Quyr Broadbent
Mary and Sister Nelson and an Armenian Snowman

No comments:

Post a Comment