Monday, January 28, 2013

Sending Sunshine from Mary

Barev im sireliner!

It sounds like we are experiencing opposite ends of winter this year! The last week has been so warm! Almost springlike.  The sun has been out, the snow has been melting.  I kept thinking it was just the warm before the storm, but we've yet to have the storm come.  As much as I love the snow, I am not at all jealous of the weather you've been having.

We had a great week.  The Lord was just so good to us, like always.  It's funny though, I don't feel like I have much to tell-nothing out of the ordinary apparantly, but just wonderful missionary work.  I do want to share an insight I gained during a lesson.  As we were talking with the woman we were teaching, I mentioned how kind hearted Armenian people are and how we just love them, she agreed and then shared the following "These people have seen some of everything:  wars, earthquakes, poverty, etc.  They haven't had it easy.  But because of that, they understand so much better the sweetness of life."  I just loved it! Usually all we hear is how hard it is (and it is hard, I know), so it was so neat to hear such a good perspective.  And I agree.  Experiencing those hard and challenging things should help us to appreciated so much more the sweetness of life, of the gifts we have been given.  We are truly so blessed!  From a different perspective, we also met a man who wouldn't accept that we are supposed to be happy in this life.  He just kept saying that life on earth, anywhere, is like hell.  Sad.  I would truly say he is miserable.  To compare the two people is like night and day-and it just reminded me of how important our attitude is, our perspective makes all the difference.  If we look for the miserable and terrible things in life, we will surely find them, but the opposite is also true:  if we look for the sweet and good things in life we will surely find them.  The Lord doesn't expect us to be miserable, He wants us to find joy and He constantly extends the invitation.  Just today I read His words today from 3 Nephi 8
I know it is in accepting this invitation and in coming to Him that we find the joy He has promised, even the joy of our Father.  The Lord loves us! How could He ever wish that we only experience misery? "13 O all ye that are aspared because ye were more brighteous than they, will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may cheal you?
 14 Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will acome unto me ye shall have beternal life. Behold, mine carm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me.  I know it is in accepting this invitation and in coming to Him that we find the joy He has promised, even the joy of our Father.  The Lord loves us! How could He ever wish that we only experience misery?
Food for thought, for the week.  Will you all read 3 Nephi 5:13 and think about what it means to you?  What does it mean to be a disciple of Jesus Christ and what changes do we each need to make in order to call ourselves His disciples? 
I love you family! You are the best! Thank you for all you do!  I'm always praying for you! I hope your week is wonderful!
Metz sirov, 
Quyr Broadbent

No comments:

Post a Comment