Monday, April 1, 2013

Mary's Mission April 1

Barev Family!!

I just have to say, and I know I say it often, you are the BEST!  Thank you family for all you do! Thank you for who you are!  (An extra thanks to you Mom and Dad!!)  

We are beyond blessed, there is no other way to say it.  Our Heavenly Father is so aware of us and He is truly guiding our lives.  We celebrated Easter with a couple of our members yesterday.  One has been a member for nearly 20 years and has served so much and done so much to build the church here.  Truly a pioneer.  The other was the branch president's family-the branch president reminds me a lot of you, Dad.  Just a great man.  Easter meals are so different than at home; so simple and so wonderful.  The traditional meal consists of rice and raisens (kind of sweet and really good), lavash (a kind of tortilla thing, but better), spinach cooked with eggs, and of course hardboiled eggs.  While we color our eggs all different colors, the traditional here is to dye them red, to represent the blood of Christ.  They also have a little "egg war" where you crack each other's eggs (hard to describe...).  It was so simple, but just wonderful as we were able to spend time together and remember the sacrifice of our Savior.
As simple or as little as it is, this week as I studied about the Atonement and as we prepared for lessons, I was reminded of the great love that our Savior has for each of us.  He knows us and is with us.  He is the head of this church.  There is a quote that used to be on the wall of our apartment that goes something like this "The gospel of Jesus Christ isn't about the Atonement...it is the Atonement"  I realized this week as I studied just how true that is.  Everything we teach and do eventually comes back to our Savior.  We are nothing without Him.  
Sister Ledingham is doing so well! She doubts herself so much, but she is working and improving rapidly.  She's a go getter, that's for sure.  She is teaching me so much-she is so good at constantly thinking about the needs of our investigators and members.  And she reminded me how we need to learn from every situation when we were talking about one of our investigators she said "even if it doesn't work out, there's something we need to learn from this, about our teaching and where our emphasis is" I think I said it last week, but I'll say it again, she is training me, much how Sister Nelsen did, just in different areas.  I know the Lord knows what we need, even if it's not what we would expect.  He truly answers our prayers through others.

I guess I don't have a lot to say today!  Just wanted to wish you a Happy Easter again!  Enjoy General Conference! I know we all are at a different place in life, with different questions and concerns.  Will you write down those questions and concerns and keep them in mind during Conference?  I know if we listen with an open heart and listen to the promptings of the spirit we will find the answers and the things we need most in our lives.

I love you family!! Have a GREAT week! Hopefully the weather will continue to hold for you! We couldn't have had more perfect weather for Easter here-especially to see all of the trees budding and flowers blooming and with the sun shining and Mt. Ararat in the background. (I'd send pictures, but the computer doesn't allow it)  Mmmmmm-so wonderful! 
Love you!!  Can't wait to hear where Josh and Kami are going....

Metz sirov,

Quyr Broadbent

No comments:

Post a Comment