Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Josh's Mission 11-12-13

First off, sorry i didn't email yesterday the library where we go was closed for veterans day. 

I love that kind of weather as well, that's basically how it has been the last couple of weeks. but we did get our first really snow storm yesterday. I was great! I love the snow and it's gonna be a great winter.
that is so awesome to hear about Karlie's dad! I can't believe that Bishop Anderson moved! is he still teaching at BL? It is so true that when the Lord wants something done, it happens...fast. We have been working with our members a lot more this past week and We are finally starting to see some improvement and success. One of our members has been talking with less actives that live by them, and they had them over for a little gathering, they also are trying to invite someone to their home for us to teach. On sunday, we had a less active young man come to church with another family that we've been working with, so that was great. and One of our Marshallese members has been bringing a nonmember to church with them. The work is going forward despite the hardships that we go through. I love how the Lord blesses us so much, He has given us everything, we need to realize what blessings he has given us and thank him for that. I was thinking the other day about something that i remember Sis Brandley saying, having a thank you prayer. how often do we thank our Heavenly father for everything He has done for us? I know that I need to do better at that.
Thank you so much for praying for Tom. That means so much. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to meet with him, he went out of town, and he mentioned that his parents don't like that we are meeting together. I know that we've done our part and now we have to let him use his agency. If we can't continue meeting with him, I know that he has felt the spirit and will one day remember that things that we've talked about. I don't know if I told you but we tried meeting with this woman, who was a media referral, from mormon.org. Well we did meet with her, Lauren is her name, and it was a really great lesson. the spirit was really strong and we felt like she was golden. We talked to her Saturday, to see if she could make it to church and she said that she wasn't ready to change religions, but that she appreciated that we had met with her and she felt like she had the tools necessary to move forward. that was really hard, because I could feel how much she needed the gospel in her life. but I know that the Lord has a way of preparing everyone to accept the gospel. It's been a huge lesson for me to learn to trust in the Lord and his time table. I know that the Lord will bless us for what we are doing here.
A great example of that is that we are working with a lot of less actives. we've been able to meet with so many and help the members become more involved. so that has been really good.
Before I forget, we had interviews with pres and sis Jensen, it was great! I love them so much, they are the best! but sister jensen wanted me to tell you mom and dad, how grateful she is for raising such a wonderful family, for being such good examples, and for helping me to be who I am. also she was wondering if we are related to Cecil B Broadbent? I thought the name sounded familiar but I couldn't remember. I guess he served as mission president after her dad in Germany.

I love you all so much and I am so grateful for you mom and dad and everyone else. I really can't even tell you how much it means to me to know that I have a family that loves me, supports me, and prayers for me and the people that I work with. I want to tell you that the best thing about teaching people is the knowledge that I have that we as a family can be together forever with our Heavenly father. I know that the Plan that He has for us is the only way that we can return to him. I was wondering, how has the knowledge of the plan of salvation affected you lives?  and what does that mean to know that we have that plan? do you feel like that is restricting? why or why not?
I love you all, thank you for your prayers.
Kojparok eo tomak

Elder Broadbent

No comments:

Post a Comment