Monday, November 25, 2013

Josh's Mission Nov 25 2013

yokwe family!!

I honestly didn't see that coming. that is so amazing that dad is the 2nd counselor.(Doug has been put in as the 2nd Counselor in our Stake Presidency) wow, my heart is just so full at hearing that. and that's so great that Marinda's dad is bishop. The Lord truely has a plan for us. I know that that is true. We are here to do His work. I love this gospel so much and I am so grateful that I have a wonderful family. Thank you everyone for being great examples and for helping me to become who the lord wants me to be. 
dad, I love you. thank you so much. I don't even have words for what I am feeling right now. I know that you will do great! I love you!! 

that's so great about caden, that's awesome that he got that answer and recognized it.(Caden is an 11 yr old in our ward who was just baptized) I was thinking about that the other day. how many times does the Lord give us an answer and we just don't recognize it? will you this week, look for and pray that you will recognize answers to your prayer? I  know that you will find them. because we have found them in the most unlikely places. We met a guy last week that had talked to missionaries before and really liked them, but had never been taught by them. He let us right in and this week we had a great lesson with him and his daughters. Bill, that's his name, is great, and I really hope and pray that we can help him with his life and help him to accept the gospel. We also have been trying to meet with a less active for awhile, Franly, but he works a lot. but he just recently lost his job (blessing in disguise?) and we meet with him and carlina, his girlfriend. they are marshallese so they don't really stress getting married. they have two kids and live together. we are helping them to be together as a family together forever. Carlina, really wants to join the church and be with her family. the Lord blesses us so much!!

Things are great! we have ups and downs, but things are slowly getting better here in our ward. the members are starting to get the vision of helping each other with the work and the ward council is trying really hard to get more involved with us. It's really great to know that the Lord has provided a plan for us and that as we are faithful, things will work out the way they need to. I've been thinking about prayer a lot lately and making heavenly father's will ours. what does that mean? to make his will ours? I know that He has a plan for us and that as we trust in that, have faith that he knows best, everything will be made for our benefit. the Lord has promised us that as we are faithful, he will bless us. I know that that is true. I know that the Lord has blessed me so much. It's so great to be here on this wonderful earth in this great day and age! 

So for thanksgiving we are spending most of the day with a member family. I'm not exactly sure what we are doing, but I do know we're having dinner with them. So this next sunday, our ward is putting on a Christmas celebration, it's going to be so great. we are actually singing in it. I'm pretty excited. 

I remember going down to DBH for thanksgiving. that was so great. that's something also that I've been thinking about. Serving others. I know that when we serve people, we think less about our selves. In PMG, it talks about how serving other will benefit not only them by the service you give, but you as well. you will feel a love for them that the savior has, charity. one thing that I like that it says is that service and selfless actions destroy envy, jealousy, self doubt, and thoughts that are harmful to your testimony. I know that that is true. 

I love you all so much and I am so thankful for you! I'm so glad that we have the gospel in our lives, I can't imagine being with out it. This thanksgiving, I would challenge you to do something that our bishop challenged us, write a list of 100 things that you are thankful for. that sounds hard but as you get going, it's pretty easy. One thing that helps is making categories and writing 10 things in each category. I know that showing gratitude is so important. Will you do that? I will, and I'll tell you how it goes next week. 

Again, I love you and thank you so much for everything. I'm so grateful for everyone's prayers especially, thank you. 


Elder Broadbent

No comments:

Post a Comment