Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Josh's Mission Jan 21, 2014

Iokwe family!!
that is so great mom, I know that you will be a great blessing to the kids in the primary. that's really awesome that the ward is having such great success!! Something that I've really learned so far is that we are all in this work together. Heavenly father needs it to be that way, now more than ever before. i don't know if you remember the missionary broadcast that they had a little bit before I came out, but it is so great! it's called hastening the work and there is a whole website that the church has for it on lds.org, will you go on and look at it?
it's really amazing how Heavenly father knows exactly what we need. I truly know that He is our loving heavenly father and that Christ is our savior. I was reading chapter 2 in the joseph fielding smith book, at the beginning where he bears his testimony about how he Knows that the Savior lives, and it impressed me so much how strong of a testimony he has. especially how he said that we don't have to see the savior to know that he is there and that he lives. which reminds me a great quote, I'm not really sure who it's from but i really like it " there are time when the Spirit is undeniable, a voice of thunder piercing the sou. yet more often, the Spirit is a sinlent whisper, a new thought, an impression, a subtle feeling of something to do or say ( helaman 5:30). If we ntice only the strong soul shaking, we miss many of the sweet impressions of the Spirit." I just really Like that I know that it true.
tell brother mueller thank you. he is such a great man,and I love him, tell him thanks for everything!! that's great about austin, where is he going??
so this week has been really good. We got 3 new investigators: daniel, jenny, and jamal. and we are meeting with pierre again, i don't know if I told you about him, he is this great big black guy, he's a baptist preacher part time and loves meeting with us. he shares a bunch of stuff that we talk about with people that he talks to and lets them know that it came from us! he is going to be a great member missionary when he gets baptized, which hopefully we can help him towards soon. at first he just kind of agreed with everything that we talked about and didn't really question baptism, but now he is thinking more seriously about it and questioning, which is good. 

we've also been seeing great success with the ward and the efforts that they are making to help the missionary work here move forward. the elders quorum is making great efforts to have us in their homes and have each elder go out with us. 
So this week we had interviews with president Jensen. He is so great! it was really great to talk with him and to see what i need to be improving more. He is truly an inspired man, he always seems to know what to say to help me feel better and to help me improve. and sister jensen said to tell you, thank you for raising such a great family.
thank you so much family!! I really love you all so much and i am so blessed to have such an amazing family that has helped me to be where i am today. i know that Heavenly father puts us right where we need to be. I am really so grateful that I have such good examples that I have in my life. I know that heavenly father knows us each personally and that our savior, Jesus Christ knows and loves us indivdually. He know what we go through and how to help us and as we put our faith and trust in him that all things will work for the benefit of our soul.
I love you all!! and again thank you for your love, prayers and support!
Ej Iokwe Kom
elder Broadbent
P.S. so on saturday (the day after interviews) we got a call from president. He said that Elder tappen's visa came in! we were both supper surprised. He leaves Feb 10, a couple days before the end of the transfer. I'm excited for him, but sad at the same time, but I am so grateful for the time that we have together. He's a great missionary and I hope that one day you get to meet him.
P.P.S I said my first prayer in Marshallese couple nights ago. I figure, I might as well learn how since I'm still here. Oh, and I'm learning more the correct way to spell things and the proper use of grammer.

No comments:

Post a Comment