Friday, January 10, 2014

Josh's Mission Jan 6, 2014



Yokwe family!!!
First can I just tell you how much i love you all. i am just so overcome with love and gratitude to our heavenly father that he has blessed me with such a wonderful family. I have so many thoughts right now and I don't know how to write them all. I love the plan sf salvation! i love teaching it to people, it's definitely my favorite to teach. I know that only through the restored gospel of Jesus Christ and the atonement can we return to live with our Loving Heavenly father again and that we can be with our families forever. What a joy and a blessing that is, to know that this is Christ's true church! and how important it is to share that with others. what would you say the reason is that you are a member of this church? I would love to hear anyone's response. I I know that our Heavenly father loves us and has a plan for us and that brings so much comfort and joy to me.
Mom, i really love those 2 songs, i actually sing i stand all amazed and I know that my redeemer lives all of the time. they are really great. i've come to appreciate music so much more. It's such a strength to me and has helped me so much. the power of music can be so powerful.
well, it's been a pretty great week! we went and saw a ton of people before thursday, because elder dragon left, but fortunately, i didn't have to say goodbye, because i am staying in dubuque! i'm really excited. I love it here and My new companion, elder tappen is so awesome! He's been out 7 months, and is actually a visa waiter. he is going to Brazil, but hasn't gotten his visa yet. He's from alaska, and doesn't not like this cold weather. today is the pretty much the coldest that it will be this week, the high is a bombing -18 and the low is -29. so we get to stay inside all day. we only get to go shopping and email. He's a really great elder, i can tell already. He really wants to get out and work hard and make miracles happen. We've already gotten a new investigator, her name is jennifer and she lives in east dubuque. she dosen't really have any church background but she does believe in god although she's never prayed. Hopefully we can help her to come closer to Christ.
We are still meeting with Carol, but she still doesn't want to come to church, pray with us, and she hasn't stopped smoking, yet. She wants to stop smoking, which is great! we are not giving up on her. But if she doesn't progress we are going to have to drop her, i don't want to, but I know that she will be baptized when the lord has prepared her. We are also still meeting with Carlina, she is marshallese and her fiance is a less active that we are working pretty close with. She is really busy and can't come to church, but now it's at one, so hopefully they will start coming. Kanomi, another marshallese investigator, is doing pretty good. We met with his mom and dad this last week, they are members. They are a big marshallese family that all live in the same apartment. he comes to church pretty much every week, prays, and reads most of the time, but he needs to get married, but his girlfriends family doesn't want them to.
So, I got hand, foot, and mouth disease. I'm not really sure how I got it, but it sucks. I had a fever for a couple days and red dots all over my hands and feet that hurt. hopefully it'll go away pretty soon though.

I'm pretty excited for this transfer. I really think that it's going to be great! I love you all!! thank you so much for you love and prayers.
Yokwe Yok
Elder Broadbent
PS here is a picture of elder tappen and i and the other elders in my district elder ioteba and elder peter, new this transfer


No comments:

Post a Comment