Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Josh's Mission Jan 27, 2014

iokwe baamle!!

Well, it's been kind of a slow week. but the Lord has really blessed us. We have seen some awesome miracles and I've really realized that I need to rely on the savior a lot more, because it is only through him that we can accomplish this great work that we have.
So yesterday in priesthood we talked about the importance of home teaching. and one thing that really stuck out to me is that we are in the work of salvation. we are working to bring our brothers and sisters back to heavenly father. His purpose, "to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man" (moses 1:39) should be our purpose as well. I have been thinking, I need to realize more really what that means. We are trying to help people realize their divine potential. I know that I need to take more seriously the calling that Heavenly father has given me. as a member of this church we are all called to take his name upon us and to always remember, literally we should ask in every situation, what would Christ have me do? what would he do if he were here? This is eternal life on the line. I need to do better at remembering that.
heavenly father has really blessed us with some miracles. Jenny and her daughter came to church yesterday! it was really great. and they are both reading from the book of mormon. it's so great to see the blessings of the gospel! also, a less active, Franly, that we've been working with has been alcohol free for almost a month now and smoke free for 3 weeks I think. it's really great to see people make the changes that they need to to bring them happiness. He and his girlfriend are now working to get married. they are thinking sometime in April.
we are also working with a family to get ready to go to the temple. they have been less active for a while, but they are coming to church every week and he, Sweton, is preparing to receive the melchizedek priesthood.
it is truly amazing how much the Lord has blessed us with his gospel and everything really. we are unprofitable servants and I am so grateful for everything that he has given me. to be alive in this great day is such a blessing! I am so grateful for such a wonderful family! and I love you so much!
So I was reading in D&C today in and around sections 8-10. and I was amazed at how willing the Lord is to give us everything as long as we are faithful, worthy, and willing to ask. I also realized again how much the Lord truly loves us. He is willing to forgive us as long as we repent and do better. I also realized that we need to be doing everything that we can to do as heavenly father asks so that we don't miss the opportunities that He gives us. But even if we do miss them, he always provides a way for his work to be accomplished. I know that heavenly father always provides a way and that it is up to us to decide if we are going to help with that. I'm so grateful for all that he has blessed me with and I hope that I can do all that he wants me to.

I love you so much and I am so grateful for your love and prayers.
Ej Iokwe eok
Elder Broadbent

No comments:

Post a Comment