Monday, March 24, 2014

Josh's Mission March 24 2014

iokwe baamle!!!!
Wow! that's really all that I can say about this week. It's been a week full of many blessing and disappointments, and surprises as well. I really feel like I don't know what to say, but I have so much that I want to say.
so at the beginning of this week on tue we were walking to an appointment (that fell through) when we saw these two kids running down to this park with a basketball. So I don't know if I told you but e Kay LOVES basketball. He played in college and is really really good. So after we tried the guy that we were supposed to be having a lesson with, we ran down to the park and asked the kids if we could play with them, we did and e Kay totally dominated them. after we won, we were like Hey since we won, we get to teach you about Jesus. so we taught them and they are now 2 new investigators!
 
they are great kids, both 14, black and ready to take on the world. Terry, is really awesome! He said that he goes to church, prays and likes to learn more about Christ. He was asking a ton of questions, and was really interested. when we asked him if we would be baptized, he said that he had already been, but that if he really knew that God wanted him to change and get baptized again that he would. The other one, Alpachinoe, wasn't so interested. He said that He didn't really know if God existed, that he had gone 14 years with out Him and he was doing fine. But I think that he is trying to resist for the sake of being a rebel. But they are both really great kids and we haveing been trying to meet with them again.
So the rest of the week went by pretty normal. People keep cancelling on us, but that's missionary work for ya. One thing that I am really coming to understand more and appreciate, is Christ's grace. Yesterday in Church one of the speakers talked about how we need to give everything to the Lord and let him take over, because he is the one that is really in control. it reminds me of the talk the 4th missionary. We need to give ourselves to Christ so that he can make a new us. Everything is only possible through Him, his love, and his grace. Brad Wilcox gives a great talk in a devotional at BYU about how Christ grace is sufficient. I think that he wrote a book about it as well. He says something that I really like. "Christ doesn't make up the difference, He is all the difference.' In the scriptures it talks about how it is on;y in and through the grace of God we are saved, after all we can do. In 2 nephi 2:6 it says  "Wherefore, redemption cometh in and through the Holy Messiah; for he is full of grace and truth." I really love that. I know that I can't do it without Christ. It is only because of Him that we are saved and able to obtain the greatest treasure: eternal Life.
We did have a marshalles wedding for an investigator that the other elders are working with, and he (batrie is his name) is getting baptized next week if all goes well. it was really great!! they sure love to party and love food.
So yesterday, after church we went out with a member (darrin) to see some people. the appointments that we had set up fell through, but we did stop by this lady (jacki) and we taught her and her roommate (michelle) and they are both 2 new investigators! so that was really awesome! they are both very catholic, but really only because they grew up in it and they are going to school at a catholic college in town. they both really liked what we talked about and they love learning about Christ! but, being catholic they were skeptical of the apostasy and Joesph Smith. but I know that they felt the spirit and that they will come around.
yesterday before church started, we got a call from president. Immediately my heart started racing. So he told e Kay that he would be staying in Dubuque and training an elder who needs some special help. i thought alright that's awesome, i get to be in a 3 some companionship, and then pres told him that he would also be getting another new companion!! So after hearing that I was leaving dubuque it was really hard to focus the rest of the day, but i learned so much in church. I really just love how sundays recharge you for the rest of the week. So this morning, pres called again and he told me that I would be leaving, which I already knew, but that he wanted me to be district leader as well!! So I will being going into a new area as a district leader. I definitely know that heavenly father will help me to have the strength to do His will, but I'm a little nervous. I'm super excited though!!!! it will be a great learning experience.
The house looks great!!! that is really awesome how the Lord blesses us so much as we are faithful! I'm positive that he love each and everyone of us!! I am so grateful for such a wonderful family that is such a great example to me!! thank you so much for you love and support!!
ij luukkun iokwe kom!!!!!
Elder Broadbent

No comments:

Post a Comment