Monday, June 16, 2014

Josh's Mission June 16 2014

iokwe Baamle!!

It's been a really great week! We got 2 new investigators, we saw a lot of people really early on in the week, we had a great district meeting (by the way we have such a great district here!! I am so happy for the wonderful elders here and I am so grateful for their hard work! and i look forward to this upcoming transfer!!), we had a really great stake conference in Des Moines, and elder underwood is leaving for Brazil tomorrow. I don't know if I am being transferred yet though, but most likely not.

So we were able to meet with Issac this week and He accepted the invitation to be baptized! He is really a miracle and I am so glad that we are blessed to teach him! He asked us what we expect from him and then said that he wants to learn more about how being baptized will help him. He also is very open and asks great questions! we are going to help his brother work on his house, and hopefully he will have a greater desire to come back to the gospel. 

We also talked with Stacey again this week and her boyfriend is not wanting her to go to our church, so we are praying that his heart will be softened. But she did stand up for us which was great! She said that she still wants to learn and be baptized. 

So we had such a great stake conference this week end! Elder Reall of the seventy came and spoke. He has such a great spirit with him! The saturdaynight session was so powerful! One thing that really stood out to me and that I learned yet again, is that Heavenly Father knows me and each and every one of us perfectly and He has a plan for all of us to return to him. I love what Elder Reall said "none of us has done anything that is so bad that we won't be able to enter the celestial Kingdom as long as we continue learning and repenting!!" 

Also I learned again how important it is to know and learn more about who I am and who Heavenly father wants me to be. I know that it is so important not to compare yourself with others. and that all each of us can do is to do our best and the Lord will help us with the rest! I know that Christ is our Savior and that He doesn't make up the difference, He is ALL the difference!

I love you all!! thank you so much for your love, support, and prayers!!
ij iokwe eok!!
Elder Broadbent

No comments:

Post a Comment