Monday, June 2, 2014

Josh's Mission June 2 2014

Iokwe Baamle!

It's been a really great week. Full of miracles and blessings. I've also gained a great appreciation for the knowledge that we have of Heavenly Father's great plan of Happiness. I truly know that He loves us and that everything happens for a reason. Often times I don't understand at that moment what those reasons are, but I know that having faith and trusting in the Lord that all will work out just the way it needs to is important.

We all have agency, and thus often we will stray off of the path that we need to be on. But Heavenly Father wants us to return to him. He provides that way to return. it's really amazing how many chances he gives. Something that's been on my mind for awhile is that there really is only one path back to Heavenly father, and we know what it is. there are many paths that lead people to the gate of baptism, but we all must eventually enter into that narrow gate onto the straight path. After we enter in by the way, we must strive continually to remain on that path. Sometimes we will stray off of it. But if we desire to return to Heavenly Father and live with Him and our families forever, we must be on that path. We have an amazing responsibility to help people see that path that they need to be on.

Here are a couple of pictures, of me and my great companions: Elder U in the middle and Elder B on the Left.

​ And yep that's me, with glasses on. :)

 it's really not a big deal I've decided that I got glasses, no one has noticed, which is fine by me. But I have realized something since I've gotten glasses, I CAN SEE!! :) It's so great! I never knew before that I couldn't see, but not that I can, I realize how much I was missing and every time I take off my glasses, Everything is so fuzzy. It's really so much like the gospel and feeling the spirit. A lot of times we don't know what we need until we have it and then we don't realize what we have until we've lost it. The gospel provides that clarity for our brothers and sisters that don't always realize that they can't see. And when we stray off the path, we realize what we are missing and what we can't see.

This week we got a text from M telling us that she didn't want to get baptized anymore. that she doesn't agree with everything that we teach. We aren't really sure what happened because we haven't been able to meet with her yet. The week before we had met and she told us that she could tell a difference between when she was going to church and reading the book of Mormon and when she wasn't. And it made me realize the great responsibility that we have as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saint's, to help people  see the path and help them to accept it. God's purpose is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man, and ours is the same. We do that by inviting people and helping them to learn about the restored gospel.

We had a really great lesson with Sister  S, a recent convert. Satan is working so hard on her and her family, but she is really trying to stay strong and there is a great member couple that is helping her. she has seen the light that the gospel brings into her life and she is fighting to keep it.

I am so grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ. I know that through him all things are possible. I know that He know what we go through and that this is His restored gospel. And that we have a responsibility to help others come to Christ. It's so important to have that true deep conversion, because we can not help others beyond our own conversion. And I know that it is so important to invite and help ALL others to come unto Christ through His restored gospel.

I love you all! Thank you so much for you love, support, and prayers! I can't tell you enough for grateful I am for your great examples!

No comments:

Post a Comment