Monday, June 23, 2014

Josh's Mission June 23, 2014

Iokwe Baamle!!

We had a really great week!! Full of goodbyes and hellos. We sent elder underwood off to brazil on Tuesday. and the we picked up another companionon Thursday. Elder Blackburn and I will be staying together and we have a new companion, Elder Allred. He is really great!! He's been out 10 and half months, he's from American Fork UT and is really great!! We're really excited for this upcoming transfer!!

We had a couple of great lessons with Stacey this past week. Stacey is going through a lot of hard things. her boyfriend doesn't want her and her children meeting with us or coming to church, but they still want to meet with us! but they haven't been able to come to church yet, we're working with them. Unfortunately we weren't able to see Isaac our other investigator this week. He has been working a lot. 

We had a really great Sunday yesterday! one of the youth brought a non member friend to church, she is going to go to youth conference with her, and we got to teach the youth for sunday school! it was really great! we talked about the restoration of the priesthood. the spirit was really strong, and we are hoping that the nonmember will have questions and want to meet with us.

I really haven't written that much... (shocker I know :) ) but not too much else happened...

Oh, I did give a talk yesterday, and that was great! I thought that it wasn't too bad, I just have to say that I sure am grateful for the sprit because I am not a good talker, but maybe I didn't do as good as I thought I did because no one said anything about it afterwards, not even the members that we had dinner with. but that's alright :) I just talked about missionary work. I shared the talk that Elder Nielson gave last talk conference called "Hastening the Lord's game Plan" you can read it here. It's really great! I really like how he talks about listening to the Lord and to our Prophet. He said "What would you do if the prophet of the Lord really called you? Well, he has! President Thomas S. Monson, as he did once again this morning, hascalled each one of us to a very important work.   He said, “Now is the time for members and missionaries to come together, to work together, to labor inthe Lord’s vineyard to bring souls unto Him” (“Faith in the Work of Salvation” [worldwide leadership training broadcast, June 2013]; lds.org/broadcasts).
Have we been listening?
All over the world, stakes, districts, and missions are experiencing a new level of energy, as the Savior’s declaration to Joseph Smith‍ in 1832 is beingfulfilled: “Behold, I will hasten my work in its time” (D&C 88:73).
Brothers and sisters, that time is now!‍ I feel it, and I’m sure you do also. "
I also talked a little about the talk that elder scot gave in the previous conference. You should read it here! it's really great!! I love how he talks about being an example and just loving people into action. I know that that is so true!! I was reading in Ether 12 this morning about faith, hope and charity, and how important it is to have charity. If we have faith hope and charity we can do all things.
I love you all!! thank you so much for all that you do! thank you for your prayers, love and support!
Kajoor ilo Christ
ij iokwe eok!!
Elder Broadbent

PS I just had a thought, my companion elder Blackburn doesn't really get email to much. If anyone wants to write him, you should :) you can tell him that I told you to :) his email is kaleb.blackburn@myldsmail.net. if not, that's okay too. it was just a thought that I had.
Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment