Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Josh's Mission June 9 2014

Iokwe Baamle!!

So, it's been a really great week! We have seen a lot of awesome miracles both in our area and in our district. The Lord truly hastening his work and we are all a part of it. This is a really great quote from Elder Holland that I really love and that our zone leaders gave us at our meeting this week.

“Brethren the spirit of this work is urgency. We must imbue our missionaries and members with the spirit of now. N-O-W. We are not just waiting for natural, slow growth. We must move more rapidly. We must take things up a notch. If we have to call down miracles or angels, then call them down. I feel an incredible burden of urgency. I feel such a sense of urgency in my chest, I can hardly breathe. This is not convenient, easy work. We have got to take things to the edge.We have to live in such a way that we cannot do it alone anymore – where we will resort to the Lord – where we will cry, ‘Without thy help, I will fail. Help me fly.’ Go to the edge where miracles happen. Move into the realm of the miraculous. Welcome to the apostolic work.”
-Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

It is so true that we have to act now, we can not procrastinate, or we will be like the unprepared 5 virgins in the parable of the ten virgins.

We got a new investigator this week! It was really awesome actually. we had gotten a media referral and then went and tried to contact it. but the person that we were looking for wasn't there. but Mike our new investigator was. He is a member of am evangelical church in town, but he's interested in learning and he said that he would be baptized if he got an answer from God. It was a really great miracle.

We also went and helped a member dig a ditch around her yard because it rained like crazy and she was afraid of flooding. The pictures that I'll send do not do it justice. After that we went helped Stacey clean up some stuff, getting ready for the storm, and we set a date for her baptism, but she still needs to come to church. We are also not teaching her mom.

Yesterday, we went over to these to potential investigators' house and started talking with them. Adam, who is actually a member, but has been disfellowshipped, and Isaac are really great guys. Their story is really cool too. their Sister is a member in Idaho, and her sister's husband has a son who is serving a mission here in Iowa, in our Zone actually, So this elder asked if we would go visit Adam and Isaac. So we are going to be a teaching Isaac, and helping Adam to fix his house. But it's a really great miracle, because I know that their sister has been praying for them to come back to the gospel, and now the Lord is preparing them. I know that even if we don't see the plan that God has for His children that he does have a plan.

I've been thinking a lot about Lehi and Nephi's Dream of the tree of life. I've been trying to draw up and picture of it as well as adding a few things, such as the narrow gate that Christ talks about in 3 Nephi 27:27-33. as well as things like how Christ is the foundation and the root of our testimony. 

I've also realized again, just how much Heavenly father and Jesus Christ loves us. I know that as we give our all, He will blesses us with all, because of the greatest of all. I know that our redeemer lives and loves and knows everything that we go through and that only as we rely upon his saving grace, and truly give our whole live to Him, can we be truly happy. Our lives are crazy and hectic, and there is so much that goes on in the world that we (myself included) think for some reason, that Christ doesn't want or that we think we can't give to him. But he want's it all! He wants all the bad and the good. If we will truly give our whole life over to him, not just our "church" life, he will make a new us in His image. I know that that is true and that anyone can come unto Christ and feel the peace that He offers. I know that through the Book of Mormon, we can feel and Understand more of our Heavenly father's plan for us. I know that going to church, we can feel the spirit and have the support of other. And that as we pray we are truly Talking with our Loving Heavenly Father.

I am so grateful for your love, support and prayers! I love you so much and again, thank you for everything!!

ij iokwe eok!!
Elder Broadbent

ps the first picture is the a couple hours before the storm and I actually don't have any pictures of the huge storm that we had, but the second one is a small storm we had yesterday and the third is a picture of my comps and I in the storm, unfortunately elder Blackburn got cut off a little...



No comments:

Post a Comment