Monday, September 8, 2014

Josh's Mission Sept 8 2014

Iokwe Baamle!!
Our mission mom, told us to tell everyone that they are putting pictures up of our mission on facebook now the page is: Iowa Des Moines Mission Jensen 2013-1016. So check it our on facebook! 

That is really amazing that you invited and helped Sonny and Ben to the open house. It is so true that you are planting those seeds. I know that they probably felt the spirit and if nothing else, they know more about the true Church and I know the spirit will work on them.

I just have to say thank you. thank you so much for saying thank you. I just realized that it feels really great to be appreciated and to know that others are benefiting from the things that the Lord has us do. I've been having kind of a hard time this week feeling like I am really worthy to be a leader and a missionary. I just feel like there are so many other people that are better than me. there are tons of great missionaries that are doing so much better than me and I just feel like I'm not doing enough.   But then to go along with that i know that heavenly father puts us where we need to be and he expects us to work as hard as we can with what we have. I know that as we rely on Christ and come unto Him and try our hardest he will help us through and over everything. i know that Christ truly is our Savior and that He knows what we go through. Just like Enos, sometime I wonder "Lord, how is it done?" and i know that as we have that "unshaken faith" in Jesus Christ, we will know that all things are possible through our Savior. Just like Enos we will have "a desire for the welfare of" our brothers who are around us. and the Lord calls those who have those to desire to His work.

Again, thank you so much for everything. 

that is really great that Stacey is on a mission. It is definitely hard sometimes to not think about all that things that you miss, but those things will wait for you when we come home. 

That is really exciting that Ben is moving out here. maybe I'll be able to serve around there someday. 

Well, this week has been an adventure for sure. So I'll just start with the beginning, it's a very good place to start. :) so last week I don't remember if I told you, but our Zone Leader (elder Cleverly) got called as the Assistant to the President. So we drove him up to Des Moines on Monday, and we've been with his companion, our other Zone Leader (elder Morgansen). So all week we've been working in both of our areas. the ZL's area is about Half hour away from us, so we've been doing a lot of driving. It's been really great though! I think that Heavenly father Definitely knew that we needed to spend some time with him, it's really help me a lot and it's really helped Elder Stoddard as well. i think one thing that I really realized this week is the importance of improving. It is so important that we are always striving to move forward and only look back on things in the past to learn from them, never to dwell on what was. we have to focus on what is in front of us right now. A couple of conferences ago, Elder Dube gave a great talk about that, which you can find here. I love his story about looking forward at what we still have left to do. He said "In the sight of the Lord, it is not so much what we have done or where we have been but much more where we are willing to go."
I know that is true. The Lord is always willing work with us as long as we are willing to work with him. 

So just a little update: we did find out this week that Taika was able to go to the Young Women's in Excellence that was out on this week, which is really great! He dad was also able to go to that, which is just awesome!! we haven't heard how everything went, but We are really hoping that this will be the turning point for her and her parents. Other than that, there isn't too much new that we know. We're excited for this week though, it is really going to be great! Transfers are on Thursday, and we find out later today if we are staying or leaving, most likely both elder Stoddard and I will stay, so we're excited for another transfer. 

I love you all! thank you so much everything that you do! thank you mom and family for diligently letting me know what is going on at home :) I love you! thank you so much for your prayers and support! have a great week!!

Kajoor ilo Christ
ij iokwe eok!!
Elder Broadbent

No comments:

Post a Comment