Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Josh's Mission Sept 2 2014

Iokwe baamle!

hm, I don't really know where to start. I feel overwhelmed by the spirit right now for some reason. I am so grateful for the wonderful family that we have. our earthly family, our church family, and our Heavenly family. I know that I say this all the time, but truly I am so grateful for family. I think that when we realize that Christ is really the center of everything that we do, everything becomes clear and focused, despite how hard Satan tries to make us think that it is complicate and hard.

That's great that you had 3 baptisms! I do understand though what you mean. it's hard when we feel like those people aren't ready, but I like what you said, that you are going to help them to want to keep coming, even though it's hard to. That is really one of the most important parts of missionary work, is holding on to the fruit, holding on to those people who need the gospel.

this week we had a great time at interviews with president! He is such a great example. we talked a lot about how Heavenly father has a great plan for each of us to some back to him and enter into his kingdom, but we  must be willing take his hand to enter in.

It really can be hard sometimes, it's true. I think that as members of the church we are bombarded at every angle with the fiery darts of Satan. this world is not easy, but I again, reflect on what Alma tells his son in Alma 37, that it is easy to follow the path of Christ. His way is the only easy and best way to have happiness. But sometimes because it is so easy, we feel like we have to make it hard for ourselves. I know that I definitely do that sometimes. I think that things have to be complicated or hard, but really they don't. I know that when we decide to do what Christ would have us do, that everything becomes easy. His yoke truly is easy and His burden really is light.

We had a really great lesson this week with a less active. her name is Cris. I been meeting with her since I got here, and we've been trying to figure out what we could do to help her progress and especially come back to church. She is in her upper 50's and has a little bit of a mental disorder, but she is really sweet and loves meeting with us. But this week, she told us that she wants to go to the temple. We had a great discussion about the things that she will need to change and do so that she can enter the temple. It was a huge blessing.

I love you! thank you so much for everything! know that I really do appreciate all that you do!

 
ij iokwe eok!!

No comments:

Post a Comment